1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support no gmail notifications

1. sniper8752

sniper8752 Well-Known Member

I am not getting new Gmail notifications when I receive new e-mails. I tried disconnecting my account, then logging back in, but it still does not work. I have notifications and Sync Gmail checked in the settings.

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Check in your device settings and make sure Sync is lit. A lot of people turn off sync at some point to try to conserve battery life. It's easy to forget you've turned it off because you still get text message and phone call notifications.
  3. sniper8752

not sure where that is at - but i went into settings, into google, and made sure that gmail sync was checked.
  4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member

One thing that may be messing things up for you--the recent changes to Gmail itself.

Now that Gmail has put in the categories (Primary, Updates, Social, Promotions, etc) I have noticed that if I have the categories enabled, I only get notifications for the primary inbox.

I do not have "notify for every message" checked off in my account settings, however. That may be the reason.
  5. sniper8752

i receive e-mails in my primary, but yet I do not receive alerts.