• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Google Voice Search?

I'm really hoping when the update comes out that we get vlingo as an option to voice dial via Bluetooth and voice search Google. I had a Blackberry for a week and the only thing I loved about it was vlingo. Well, that and Brick Breaker! Nuance is some of the worst trash I've ever used.

Ah, now after doing a bit more research, I understand that Google voice search is Google's own voice search tool and that it's supposed to work well along the lines of Vlingo rather than Nuance. Anyone who's used all 3 care to comment on their experiences between them?

Upvote 0
I had this on my Hero up until Friday, I used it mainly for Google search.

Ok I might be going slightly mad but for some reason it's no longer on my phone(!)and I can't find it on The Marketplace.

I've done all the usual searches, Google, Google Voice, Google Inc, Google Voice Search. But nothing.

Can anyone confirm that I did have it on a UK Hero and can anybody please tell me how to get it back? I found it very useful.

Cheers Al

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones