• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No GPS Signal after rooting!

AIexander

Jul 18, 2016
Sweden
Hello! 3 days ago I rooted my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005). The days before I played Pokémon Go and the GPS signal was perfect! Now after that I rooted the Note III it only says : "No GPS signal/GPS signal not found"! Please help! Does it have with the root to do? Please let me know! I'm worried..

What ROM have you flashed? Is it a CM based ROM or a Touchwiz base or something else? If you go Settings>Location GPS is turned on I suppose? May be a daft question but perhaps the ROM just defaulted to off and easier to check the obvious 1st.
Also I know I have seen posted all over the place that the Pokemon servers have been crashing a lot due to high influx of users, perhaps it is simply that. Does GPS work in other apps?
Also maybe that the app has an update that might fix it? I know a lot of the time some apps aren't released on Google Play for some areas. You could try downloading XDA Labs, if you are a member over there and do a lot with root and follow forums it is quite a nice app that sometimes has updates before I get them on Play store and also keep up to date with subscribed forums etc.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Okay, stay connected because I really want to fix this :) And also, is the GPS going to get fixed with this? Okay I understand that theres a risk..
May not fix GPS, but should help determine if software or hardware. Flashing back to stock with Odin will put you back to fresh out of the box condition. In you first post you stated GPS worked before root.

Reactions: SavageRobot
Upvote 0
May not fix GPS, but should help determine if software or hardware. Flashing back to stock with Odin will put you back to fresh out of the box condition. In you first post you stated GPS worked before root.
Is it going to reset the status from 'custom' to 'Official'?

My Android version is 5.0
N9005XXUGPOK2
Saw that there is none for N9005XXUGPOK2..

Upvote 0
There is a app at the Play Store that you can download to get your Product Code and CSC code. Would help narrowing down correct firmware.
SamMobile Device info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160718-145758.png
    Screenshot_20160718-145758.png
    714.9 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones