• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MKeditor

Jul 27, 2009
I just tried to output my Prime via an HDMI cable to the TV in our conference room. The TV shows itis hooked up but all I get is a blue screen. There is no notification on the Prime that HDMI is hooked up. The system works fine with our LG G-Slate.

Suggestions

I'm having this issue as well. I was using my prime to watch a movie on my Sony projection TV and four days later when I went to do it again...nothing. I tried it on my Samsung LCD as well as my ASUS computer monitor and still no luck. So then I figured it must be the adapter. I got an actual HDMI to mini-HDMI cable thinking the elbow in the adapter must have gotten screwed up, but still no luck. So two cables, three TVs and no HDMI output at all.

Upvote 0
I'm having this issue as well. I was using my prime to watch a movie on my Sony projection TV and four days later when I went to do it again...nothing. I tried it on my Samsung LCD as well as my ASUS computer monitor and still no luck. So then I figured it must be the adapter. I got an actual HDMI to mini-HDMI cable thinking the elbow in the adapter must have gotten screwed up, but still no luck. So two cables, three TVs and no HDMI output at all.
Same issue here. 4 different cables, 3 different TV's. I checked with a friend and his works okay. I tried to ask tech support about it but they said that they have no way to check HDMI. I'm not a fan of getting a new phone and having to do a factory reset and having to reinstall all of my apps and configuring it exactly like I have it now. I'm just curious as to if I'm missing anything.

Upvote 0
UPDATE:

I have found that it does output to some of our monitors but I have had no success getting it to display on our conference room VNEX monitor. The monitor says 1080P when I plug in my LG tablet but it says 480 SD when I plug in the Prime...but all I get is the blue screen.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
One of my employees just bought a Prime. His won't display to our conference room either. The monitor indicates it is receiving a 480 SD signal when the Prime is plugged in but we just get a blue screen. The iPad and G-slate come up as 1080 HD and work fine. This is my one issue with the prime.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones