• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Ice Cream Sandwich For Samsung Transform Ultra.

Rick1488

Feb 16, 2012
Samsung details Android 4.0 upgrade plan for U.S. tablets and phones

versions.jpg

Though the newest version of Android, Ice Cream Sandwich, has been available for a little more than six months, its availability has been extremely limited. Only 2.9% of Android users were running it first week of April, according to the Android Developers Dashboard
Samsung on Tuesday released an updated list of the U.S. devices that will receive an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich, bringing its total number of devices with the operating system version up to thirteen.

AT&T: Galaxy S II, Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Galaxy Note, Captivate Glide, Nexus S, Galaxy Tab 8.9
Sprint: Nexus S 4G, Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Verizon: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 7.7
Prepaid Customers: Big No.
Wi-Fi Only: Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 10.1
T-Mobile customers, as of right now, have no ICS upgrades to look forward to. However, Samsung says it is "in close communication with T-Mobile to ensure that eligible devices are upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in the coming months," and that it will provide updates as additional details arise. Slowly but surely, the most popular smartphone and tablet manufacturers have each published lists of the devices that will receive the Android 4.0 upgrade, so it looks like a big shift to Ice Cream Sandwich will soon be under way.

Reactions: CellBlock420
Upvote 0
yeah hes getting there on cm7 i installedm his beta to see how it was and so far as i can see only real thing that needs fixing is the camera and phone app, superuser works so/so rom manager is gonna need to be ripped out as it causes all kinds of force-close problems, but all and all nice to see that there is work in progress because for pre-paid phones this model is awsome

Upvote 0
hey guys i got the new HTC EVO 4G LTE and i have android version 4.0.3 and HTC sense version 4.0 and i love it but i miss the old sense cause it was alot more fun but dont get me wrong i love this phone. with the face unlock and touchscreen recovery and memory and beats audio. there is some problems with the phone but it just came out. but everytime you flash a new rom or update your rom you have to clear google wallet cause it can brick your phone. i also miss having the samung transform ultra but i screwed it up pretty badly but its all fixed now and im ready to put $hEvRoN ROM back on it and sell it but the new evo is awesome. if you want a new phone go out and buy htc evo 4g lte.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones