• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Image file when boot into Hboot

jdugan26

Jun 27, 2010
PA
My friends EVO was rooted using the rooting for dummies. However, when he goes into HBoot and you volume down is says no .img and you cannot go into recovery. However the SHIP S-OFF. From the looks of it, it's rooted but for some reason I cannot get into recovery, it just shows the phone with the red triangle with the exclamation point in it. Any ideas?

Sounds like for some reason recovery was lost...you can either run unrevoked again or just flash a recovery (this would be my choice), grab a recovery here. The instructions are listed but basically dl, push to root of sd card, name it as PC36IMG.zip EXACTLY not .zip.zip if your windows version hides file extensions, and then go to hboot, itll find the img and flash it, then rename the file when you are done...then flash a rooted ROM from your new recovery.

Reactions: jdugan26
Upvote 0
Sounds like for some reason recovery was lost...you can either run unrevoked again or just flash a recovery (this would be my choice), grab a recovery here. The instructions are listed but basically dl, push to root of sd card, name it as PC36IMG.zip EXACTLY not .zip.zip if your windows version hides file extensions, and then go to hboot, itll find the img and flash it, then rename the file when you are done...then flash a rooted ROM from your new recovery.
Yeah, I did that because I've rooted mine and ran into a similar issue, but for some reason his phone isn't recognizing it still, not sure why...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones