• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no image file

erezson

Lurker
Apr 23, 2009
Hello,

Few days ago I tried to downgrade my G1 to RC29 so I will have root. by mistake the G1 was connected to my PC. At the end of the install I got an error that it was fail. I did restart and since then I get an error "no image found" it get back to the rainbow screen with error "serial0".

This is what I already did:
1. Formated again and again to fat32
2. downloaded the dreamig.nbh file from different sources
3. renamed the file to cup letters only (I use ubuntu so there is no chance the file was .nbh.nbh)

Each time I format the card I did it with Nokia 6210, I connected it to my PC with USB and did the format.
I read discussions about this issue over the forum but every body said what I already did. Can some one give me new idea what may be the problem?

Thanks!

Hello,

Few days ago I tried to downgrade my G1 to RC29 so I will have root. by mistake the G1 was connected to my PC. At the end of the install I got an error that it was fail. I did restart and since then I get an error "no image found" it get back to the rainbow screen with error "serial0".

This is what I already did:
1. Formated again and again to fat32
2. downloaded the dreamig.nbh file from different sources
3. renamed the file to cup letters only (I use ubuntu so there is no chance the file was .nbh.nbh)

Each time I format the card I did it with Nokia 6210, I connected it to my PC with USB and did the format.
I read discussions about this issue over the forum but every body said what I already did. Can some one give me new idea what may be the problem?

Thanks!

don't know what your renaming to "cup" but nothing should be named that... go to this page: http://androidforums.com/developer-101/3252-rooting-quick-guide-updated-3-10-09-a.html download the files... then follow the instructions to the letter if you do there will be no issues... or go to the androidforums irc channel and someone there will probably be able to walk you through it step by step...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones