• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No IMEI, i747

Grendelin

Jul 23, 2014
So, after finally solving some other issues on my phone thanks to dmcjr22 on this forum, I've run into some new problems.

I no longer have an IEMI number. Google had some great suggestions and I've tried just about all of them, but no luck.

[TUTORIAL] IMEI - Backup NV with QPST - US Variants - Galaxy S III (All Variants) - RootzWiki

Was the best candidate, but the nvbackup files does not actually exist on my phone anymore.

Are there any other suggestions or possible some kind of flashable I can use to get my phone back into working order?

great job!! Im glad you got it fixed, i felt bad because i helped ya get to that point. I should of told ya about how custom roms can potentially erase your imei. I always forget because the s3 was the only phone i learned ya had to worry about it. Now that you have it restored xda has forums in how to save a backup of your efs folder which contains it. You should also make a nandroid(backup)of your phone via recovery as well.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones