• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No in-call audio.

nabbelol

Lurker
Aug 7, 2011
Android Version: 2.3.3 Official from HTC
Taskiller Used?: No
Issue:
No in-call audio. It works if I enable speaker mode, or a headset.
But when I hold the phone up to my ear, I cannot hear the person I have an call with. The other person can hear me..

I have tried to google the problem, and if found some forum threads that some Samsung models has a similar issue, but haven't found anybody with this problem on a HTC Desire.
I noticed this problem with my third call after the upgrade to 2.3.3, the first two calls where long so I used a headset on these. Its therefore hard for me to tell if it's the upgrade or a hardware problem.

What I have tested:
* Turn the in-call volume to max (Also with an application, not just the volume adjusting buttons)
* Plug the headset in and out several times. (Found this tip on several Samsung android forum threads)
* Restart.
* Take the battery out.
* Reset to factory defaults.
* Reinstall the 2.3.3 upgrade.

As far as I can tell this is not a known hardware error on the Desire, and since this happened so close to the upgrade, and after I used a headset, I hope somebody have some tips so I don't have to send my phone in to service.

For now I'll just have to carry the headset with me, but that kind of sucks :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones