• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Incoming Calls or Texts

Inaya

Lurker
Jan 25, 2012
Ever since I moved out of state (since 3 days ago), there are periods of time where I am completely unable to receive any incoming calls or texts--even though my reception is perfect and I can make outgoing calls, even. I receive the texts hours after they are sent, and anyone attempting to call me reports that it goes directly to my voicemail. I even receive voicemail notifications. My phone gives no indication that something is amiss--I don't find out about it until somebody finally manages to get through and tells me about it.

I have tried turning the phone on and off, removing the battery, removing the sim card, turning airplane mode on and off, etc.

I've made no manual hardware or software changes to my phone; however, some automatic updates have been made to some of the apps. I have no idea what's causing this. All I know is I left my state, and this started happening. I'm not certain it's a coincidence.

This situation is extremely troubling because I am searching for a job, and cell number is the only phone where prospective employers can contact me. Furthermore, a friend of mine ended up in the hospital this afternoon, and nobody could reach me to let me know until several hours later.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones