• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No incoming sound

My Wildfire has no incoming sound. People can hear me but I can't hear them. Earphones and loud speaker phone work. Tried audio manager but the volume is turned up to max. I did a factory reset of the phone. No difference. Any ideas?

Incoming sound? I'm assuming you mean when you receive a text or call right?
The only factors i can say that might have caused this is maybe you dropped it on the ground or in water, also im guessing your not rooted??
Stuff like this is usually a hardware problem rather than software
Meaning most of the time you just have to grin and bear it :(
Like me, i can hear the person on the phone properly but when i speak they say im soo far away so i always have to use headphones to speak properly

Upvote 0
I have had problem with the audio levels with my phone, even on speaker. I checked the the volume levels but no luck. However, when searching fo an answer to my problem, I read some other blogs where cleaning the surfaces with a soft cloth was suggested.
This didn't really help as my issue seemed to be with the earpiece(number 9 on the phone diagram in the user guide) and/or the microphone (number 4), so I tried cleaning them with a small artist's paint brush(a reasonably firm one) and SUCCESS!
I can now hear conversations and be heard clearly and at a good volume.
For good measure I also cleaned the speaker on the back of the phone and that too is working better now.
I hope this is of help.

Reactions: ChryzaorFlux
Upvote 0
I have had problem with the audio levels with my phone, even on speaker. I checked the the volume levels but no luck. However, when searching fo an answer to my problem, I read some other blogs where cleaning the surfaces with a soft cloth was suggested.
This didn't really help as my issue seemed to be with the earpiece(number 9 on the phone diagram in the user guide) and/or the microphone (number 4), so I tried cleaning them with a small artist's paint brush(a reasonably firm one) and SUCCESS!
I can now hear conversations and be heard clearly and at a good volume.
For good measure I also cleaned the speaker on the back of the phone and that too is working better now.
I hope this is of help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones