No internet access using 2G GPRSSupport

Last Updated:

1. dudeman1996

dudeman1996 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone.

I'm on the Vodafone network (UK) and have been for about 3 weeks now, and the internet has been working perfectly fine, but yesterday, I noticed that when my phone is connected via 2G GPRS, the internet won't work. The up/down arrows just flash on and off and pages don't load. The settings are fine because they were the same settings used for the past 3 weeks. Also, if the connection changes to 2G EDGE or 3G HSDPA, the internet works fine, it only stops working when its connected via 2G GPRS. Can anyone help me? The settings are fine, I've done a factory reset, I even tried reflashing my phone, but when I did both of those the phone connected via 2G GPRS and it worked, but 5 mins later it stopped again. I don't wanna have to call Vodafone support because technical support for any company is just terrible. I'm running Android 2.1 Carphone Warehouse unlocked version

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Howzit dude! :)

Ja i know what you mean about tech support! Most of them don't care :(

Hmm, strange... let's see how we can fix it though :)

Hmm you might be on the border between 2 network towers that are 2g and 3g and they might be getting confused with each other hmm... check your coverage here in the United Kingdom dude :) :

Vodafone Coverage Maps - Mobile Phone Reception Signal for the UK Vodafone Network

Hmm,

Have you tried 2G mode only? Damn this 1 is a bit confusing :confused:

But we can try at least ;)

At 1st you do not succeed ... try try and try again :)

3. dudeman1996

dudeman1996 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey dude :)

Tech support is absolutely terrible :S :(

It's been perfectly fine up till now, just don't know why it's randomly stopped just on GPRS

The results say its fine::confused:
    [​IMG]
    Even though it says I have good indoor 3G signal, the 3G signal for is terrible: 1 bar sometimes so thats why it's always on 2G so I'm having to use Wi-Fi which is eating my battery up :S

I've tried just 2G mode only, I've cleaned the SIM card reset the phone, everything you could possibly imagine of trying.

Thanks for the quick reply and I hope we can solve this! :)