• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps No internet Calling account Error

An “No Internet Calling Account” problem workaround.
I used to get that message when calling; not entirely consistently, but, most of the time. I also used to get it when I had either a WiFi or Network connection (there is no TMob service at my house).
I’ll skip the WiFi settings; Preferred, Data only, Ask, etc; the “set your ‘911’ address to the neighbors landline”, and the “did you install another VOIP program” discussions.
Here is my Workaround. Instead of selecting the number to call from my contacts, used the clip board to copy and paste the number from my contacts list directly to the dialer, then dialed it manually. HOWEVER – I COULDN’T DIAL THE NUMBER EXACTLY AS IT APPEARED IN YOUR CONTACT S. For example it the number was 123-555-1234 in my contacts, I added the prefix “1” (e.g. - 1-123-555-1234) or subtracted it if vice versa.
I can reproduce the problem (and fix); however, I have no idea what set of circumstances lead up to it. I noticed that when I left the TMob store with my new phone (with my old, ported number working), the phone still had some unknown number buried down in the phone settings. That number, most likely associated with the new SIM card, stayed there and was list an additional phone on my online account for weeks - until about the time my problem started. My first thought is that the problem has something to do with the fact that I synched before my ported number showed up in the phone settings (some weeks later). I’m sure it’s not that simple but I would bet that’s a component of the problem.
The next thing I was planning was to export my contacts (to .csv); blow away Google; do a factory reset; and re-enter my contacts.
Hope this helps someone.

Keywords: Internet Caling Account; SIP account; Wifi Calling, T-Mobile, HTC, One S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones