No internet over WifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. edbro

edbro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason I have lost internet access when Wifi is connected. It used to work and I don't recall changing any related settings.

- I have tried on 2 different Wifi connections (work and home) that are known good.
    - Dinc reports "connected" and good signal strength.

I've looked at all the settings and I can't see anything that is preventing internet access. Like, I said, it worked until this morning and now it will not work on both of the networks I tried. I'm using one of the networks wirelessly now on my laptop. Can anybody help me out here?

Advertisement
  2. edbro

edbro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Disregard, I fixed it.

Fix: Turn airplane mode on, wait 20 seconds, turn airplane mode off again.

3. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

i have this same issue and the airplane mode trick wont fix it

4. Mefesto44

Mefesto44 Member

I've had some issues with WiFi on several occasions. The data coverage is pretty poor at my home here in Montana, so I rely on WiFi to update apps like Facebook and do my emailing/minor surfing. Sometimes the phone can't open a webpage or retrieve Facebook data every now and again. I can pick up my wireless laptop right next to me and everything works perfectly. I've turned the WiFi on and off, reconnected to my wireless, restarted the phone, restarted the router. This has happened to me before at my work and my local watering hole.

It usually resolves itself after a bit, but it's annoying sometimes.