• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no internet while in call...help plz

This phone is advertised as having simultaneous voice and data multi tasking, but when i'm in a call, i can't access the internet, app store, etc. Web pages never load, and at the app store home page it says "no connection" when you scroll to the bottom. I'm new to android, and hope i'm just missing a setting or something. Please help. Thanks.

Ok, first off, some phone basics. :)

If you see the 'E' symbol that means EDGE. It is a 2/2.5G standard and does NOT allow for voice & data at the same time.

If you see '3G' you are able to do both.

Also, if the WiFi symbol is on during a call, then you will be able to use both at the same time.

My guess is that you were in an area without 3G coverage and not using WiFi. You wouldn't be able to do both at the same time, so your phone is working exactly as advertised.

Reactions: christian0113
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones