no internet while in call...help plz

Last Updated:

1. christian0113

christian0113 New Member This Topic's Starter

This phone is advertised as having simultaneous voice and data multi tasking, but when i'm in a call, i can't access the internet, app store, etc. Web pages never load, and at the app store home page it says "no connection" when you scroll to the bottom. I'm new to android, and hope i'm just missing a setting or something. Please help. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. GlitchZero

GlitchZero Well-Known Member

Check through your connection settings. You might somehow have data during calls disabled? I'm not sure.

3. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

Ok, first off, some phone basics. :)

If you see the 'E' symbol that means EDGE. It is a 2/2.5G standard and does NOT allow for voice & data at the same time.

If you see '3G' you are able to do both.

Also, if the WiFi symbol is on during a call, then you will be able to use both at the same time.

My guess is that you were in an area without 3G coverage and not using WiFi. You wouldn't be able to do both at the same time, so your phone is working exactly as advertised.

christian0113 likes this.
  4. christian0113

christian0113 New Member This Topic's Starter

@baldilocks...you were exactly right. I was in an edge network area. After checking it out in a 3G area, everything worked as it should have. Thanks again.