1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

No JellyBeanGeneral

1. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Panda just tweated on twitter that apparently we're not getting JellyBean, even though this tablet is more powerful than the nexus tablet that is coming with it. If there is any thruth to this, than Asus really screwed the pooch with this tablet between signal strength of gps, wifi and now failing to update a perfectly capable device.

Edit* With No official word from Asus, take everything with a grain of salt as always.

Advertisement
  2. Snake X

Snake X Well-Known Member

I bet you anything that asus was partnered up with google because of how many updates it churns out. Screw panda or whoever, im sure were getting it ;)
  3. jhawkkw

I agree, the hardware is almost the exact same between them that it seems logical that we'd have to get it. In fact it would seriously surprise me if it isn't the first or second non nexus device to get it. Going to miss flash player though.
  4. Snake X

glad its dying but still useful for those flash video players and sites that use them. Or for some flash app. Glad however chrome will become default browser in JB tho
  5. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

the guys at xda are already working on it im sure we will get it.
  6. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Don't believe everything you hear. And Flash player still works on 4.1 as long as you have it by Aug 15th youll be fine just backup your apk
  7. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt this is true, no reason for the Prime not to get JB considering it's essentially an incremental update. But if it is true and we don't see JB? I'm done with Google and Android for a bit, my wife is already considering the iPhone 5 and if our $650 tablet/keyboard never receives the JB update, I will be considering the move to the dark side as well:banghead:
  8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

The amount of crap info that he tweeted leading up to the Galaxy Nexus was incredible. :rolleyes:
    I have no doubt that Asus will update to JB. And, if it speeds up the tablet like it's done with my Nexus (which is butter now), I can't wait! :)
    El Presidente likes this.
  9. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Who is panda and why would you listen to what they say?
  10. breadnatty08

Twitter

Believe he used to work for Verizon/Google? Like I said, lots of misinformation, and lots of stupid banter. We trusted him like gospel on the Nexus pre-release, but lots of it turned out wrong.
    andygu3 likes this.
  11. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

A lot of what he says turns out. Did no one read all his tweets? He said he was kidding with tflemming and that we will get it.
    jasrub and andygu3 like this.
  12. Snake X

whatever the case im 95% sure that asus won't ditch their top tiered tablet xD
  13. jhawkkw

We're only their top tablet until July 16th, but I agree. The tf101 got ICS even after our tab came out. Plus the hardware is very similar so it should be a very minor upgrade. And if tablet jellybean is anything like this stock jellybean on my nexus, its going to be sweet.
  14. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

It's sad that the Prime is only 7 months old and owners are left out in the dark about os upgrades already. But I'm sure the gps dongle satisfied most of the customers :p Heck, look at this section, not long ago it was hopping, now, one maybe 3 replies a day:(
  15. breadnatty08

None of the tablet forums are really hopping outside of the N7 forum.
    The Prime will most definitely get JB, Asus wouldn't abandon us this quickly. But, JB hasn't even hit AOSP yet and all the ROMs out there are from a leaked Nandroid from the GSM Galaxy Nexus. For the most part, they work just fine on my Nexus (LTE), but there are a couple bugs.
  16. rumanuu76

rumanuu76 Member

Its not going to happen. But i assure you, you will regret it if you move over to ios. I'm in the process of moving from ios to android. Its light years ahead of ios :)
  17. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

There should be no technical reason for JB to not make it to the Prime. Besides, given that ASUS partnered with Google and has the code already (to make the Nexus 7), chances are that the ASUS tablets will be the first ones to get it!
  18. kboss375

kboss375 Well-Known Member

If Asus works directly with google on the nexus 7, it would be pretty silly not to push it to the prime. They are basically the same..and its ASUS. I'm confident we will get it.
  19. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

Considering the TF101 got the major upgrade from Honeycomb to ICS, it seems pretty unlikely that we wouldn't get the bump to 4.1.
  20. Netwrk219

Netwrk219 New Member

Speaking of the GPS, how do I get that dongle for my Prime? I've been out of commission for a while with a spine injury and while I heard about the dongle, I haven't been able to look into it further.
    Thanks all!
  21. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

Go here Netwrk:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Don't hang around though as the offer closes at the end of July!
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  22. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

23. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

24. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

There are already alpha builds of CM10 on the Prime. I don't think we have anything to worry about.