No joke...2.1 has been RELEASED to.......journalists!!! HELLO SONY....OVER HERE!!!!General

Last Updated:

1. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    wynney666 likes this.
  2. dibberly

just watched the video....unimpressed if its the final version

the screen does not seem very responsive:

@ 35ish seconds when he goes to view "about phone" he slides his finger up the screen and it jumps to the bottom instead of scrollling

@4.05 you can see clearly that he has to select the "photo" icon twice even though it detects the first press

@5.30 - not impressed with the "live wallpaper" i think that will do my head in and will be turned off after the "novelty" apppeal has gone

lol @ 6.25...better game capability - then shows ANGRY BIRDS!!!!!

3. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Someone always finds the smallest things to moan about, its pathetic

4. dibberly

Cubz...enlighten me, how do you find that i am moaning about it?

I am clearly stating that SE have released it to journalists instead if their patiently waiting customers?

And also pointed out that i am unimpressed if that is the final release

How is that moaning?

5. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

** EDIT **

deleted because it was apparently pathetic

6. dibberly

And who is being pathetic now?

i read that its not the final version but IF IT WAS I WOULD BE UNIMPRESSED

the times were just for people to pin point parts of the film

you need to know the difference between stating facts and moaning

I wont comment any further on this topic as its not worth it but if you have nothing constructive to say on my topics i would kindly ask you not to!

7. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Boys.... play nice. Nuff said?

8. MrWomble

** EDIT **

Deleted because apparently i'm a grumpy old fart

9. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Stop screaming you grumpy old fart... Jeez not only capitals but bold at that.

They said the code is "really close to final firmware" to what will be released.

The page wont allow copy and pasting but it goes along the lines of...

They did this for 1.6 on the X10 before release so the testers got firmware R1FA014 and the phone was released with this firmware and then got bumped up to R1FA016 so what is shown in the early reviews was basicly what we all got and it looks like the same is going on again!

So going by the blog and going by what a slow lagy lump of junk the X10 was on release then we just might find history repeating on us again???

10. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

Generally latest release works fine on my unit for a week or so now: it's faster, zippier than old 1.6 was (disclaimer: both cases ATK runs in the background w/ auto-kill set to moderate and Moxier Mail, Gmail, Mediascape set to be ignored because I run them 24/7)... it'
    s still buggy here and there but at a tolerable level - but two issues are still critical for me: certain apps STILL not showing up in Market (NYTimes!!!) and FREAKIN' GOOGLE VOICE IS BROKEN!!!

11. MrWomble

@POWERKITER

quite possibly, and i am certainly not disagreeing with the post itself

yes its close to final release so yes we might still get an unresponsive screen

to be fair though, i've been expecting it, much the same as i've expected never getting multi-touch

has it ever occured that the screen response is actually the screen and not the software therefore we have to put up with regardless if we are on 1.6 or 6.1

i'm not here to say the 2.1 upgrade is perfect and i'm not here to say that the video of the 2.1 looks amazing, i was simply just commenting on what had been said previously

and yes i used CAPS and BOLD in it - just to emphasise particular points that can otherwise be misread

so... as i said above, if i have aggrieved anyone then PLEASE accept my APOLOGIES

12. MrWomble

Gets a bit much when someone gets complained at for putting forward an honest point of view on this forum

or maybe too many people in here are like babies pushchairs

13. MrWomble

Anyhow

After looking through the video again and again

yes the menu jumped, great - shame you missed mediascape jumping at about 3:50 - when he selected an album to play

as for selecting photo twice, he did press the screen relatively quickly, maybe mediascape was still loading - on the old (lol still current atm) mediascape you had to wait for a page to finish loading before swapping, maybe it was just that

the live wallpapers are not sony - they are stock to android 2.1 so just a general issue with all 2.1 phones there

as for angry birds, as it requires 2.1 to function correctly i believe this is improved gameplay

In summary, its far from polished, but its sure as hell looking better than the current 1.6 we have

14. powerkiter

I know, poor old dibberly ;) :p

15. MrWomble

16. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Sorry guys didn't mean to sound like a tw*t earlier, just got alot on my mind atm, its a very busy few months for me :(

Anyway, I am nice and relaxed now, so I will give my mature opinion....

It may be slightly slow, and although it doesn't bother me, it may bother others, but some people are saying it is not the final release and I didn't know this.

Ignore me when I'm being a tw*t :eek:

17. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

all argueing aside looks nice, biggest improvement,
    ANGRY BIRDS WILL WORK!! ohhh yeah lol

18. powerkiter

What I dont get is that the demo for Angry Birds worked on the X10 yet the full game does not???

19. MrWomble

maybe the demo was specifically programmed for us on the X10 as a way to say - ha - look what you might get on your phone sometime before 2015

20. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

21. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member

Improved Mediascape? I don't see anything that was improved from the video. Looks exactly the same to me actually, lol.

I'm not really a techy, but what do the Linpack and BenchmarkPi numbers mean? My guess is that they mean better and quicker response times for the X10? Or if anyone has more of a technical background and can explain it more in laymen terms, that'd be greatly appreciated!

PS: Is it just me, or is Manish Kumar (the guy who updates the blog) using the exclaimation mark a bit too much? It almost feels like he's high all the time or he's easily over excited about everything and anything...LOL

22. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member

I thought that was a helpful and useful video clip.
    That response was at least twice as fast as mine is, and I don't have much loaded...if I get that speed out of a new version I'm going to have to buy some Depends! (Nappy for some of you)

23. jackx10

jackx10 Well-Known Member

i tell you before... its just numbers for me, even so 2.1 welcome and enjoy, dont start the frustating ratrace for 2.2---- its just a plus i never expect this until find this page ....

24. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

I guess 100 and 300 are just numbers too but I bet you'll know the difference between 'em if they were horsepowers in you car. :)

25. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member