No Keyboard After Installing Cyanogen

Last Updated:

1. nydrumboy

nydrumboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Need some help, please....I used ROM Manager to download Cyanogen, backed up my Ultimate Droid V8, then installed Cyanogen. Did not wipe data.

When the ROM loaded, there was no Droid virtual keyboard in any of my apps. But Cyanogen looks cool and I'd like to give it another try.

If I wipe my data, does that mean I have to reinstall all my apps?

If I wipe my data, will it still appear if I restore my backed-up ROMs?

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Before you reflash go into settings => language & keyboard => make sure Android keyboard or at least one of the alternative keyboards that might have come with your ROM is selected. Now go into search or some other program that requires keyboard input, long press on the input screen, and make sure you have one of the inputs selected. If this doesn't work, yea, maybe it is time to reflash.

A data will wipe your apps but your paid apps will reappear in the market to download. I use Titanium Backup to backup my programs and program data (I don't restore system data because I find it better to enter them again from scratch, no big deal). If you have a nandroid backup of your system and restore it, everything is restored.

Hope this helps...

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Agreed

I would get your UD v8 running again, download titanium backup (free version), back up "all apps and data", then load clockwork recovery again...Format EVERYTHING (wipe data, Format system, cache, boot). If you don't...you WILL have issues...there is no better alternative...trust me ;)

4. nydrumboy

nydrumboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Will do....thanks for all the help guys.