• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No LED indicator for missed calls and messages?

Does the NoLED widget have to be on the main screen to show the LED? I dont much care for the looks of the widget but would like to have the functionality....

The whole screen will be black, and there will be a small square blinking and moving around the screen. You can use different icons/colors for SMS, email, missed calls, etc. If you have more than one email address on your phone, you can even set a different color for each address.

There is not a widget on any of the screens, per se. Although it says it is recommended to add the homescreen widget so you can see the status of it.

Upvote 0
Does the NoLED widget have to be on the main screen to show the LED? I dont much care for the looks of the widget but would like to have the functionality....

No on-screen widget, as beenz says. Just an app icon in the drawer for access to the configuration menu.

It's a dream app for Fascinate users who need that notification for missed sms, calls, emails, etc.

Upvote 0
Anyone know how to delay the NoLed notification? By say a minute or so Hate when I'm about to reply and then NoLed comes on so fast.
There is a setting on the main screen that says Delay SMS notification (Experimental: check this if you're using Handcent) I'mk not sure how long it delays it, though

i have the app installed and went through all the settings and it is not working.... i am not sure what i am doing wrong.... for instance I just got an email and no led flashing... hummmmm....

Did you restart your phone? You have to restart it after you first install

Upvote 0
I too was very disappointed when upgrading to the fascniate (former BB curve) that there was no LED indicator. I downloaded NoLED and it is ok. It serves it's purpose, but i think it could be better. Hope someone comes out w/ a new one...

Do you people not research something before you buy it? Seems like everyone should have known that there was no led.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones