• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No longer able to mount via USB after new microsd card

dpeeps74

Dec 18, 2009
Austin
I went and bought a new 8gb microsd card today, tired of not having enough music to get me through the day. Now, when I connect via USB, I get the normal options to mount and everything. When I choose to mount, the notification shows the option to turn off USB storage, but then just goes to preparing SD card and then I have the option to mount again. I thought that maybe it was the card, but now even with my original card, the same exact thing happens. The phone will read both cards, and both cards can be read in the computer. I also reformatted the 8gb, with the same result. Obviously I need to try another computer, but just curious if anyone has any thoughts. I have seen some people with other issues close to this, but not seeming to find the same issue occurring. btw, my phone is stock.

I'm using Windows7. I attempted to format the card on both the phone and the computer. I just tried the battery thing with the original card and had the same result. I also performed a hard reset and the same thing is still occurring with both cards. I also just tried using a different USB cable and the same thing is happening. I will try another computer..i forgot i have my work laptop too lol.

Upvote 0
ok, well the work laptop is also windows 7 and guess what?! works great with the new card. Looks like it's something with my laptop. i'm currently uninstalling HTC Sync/HTC Drivers and removing USB Root Hub to force a redetect. Any other ideas? I just reinstalled Windows 7 about a week ago so I'm really not wanting to reinstall..that would suck

Upvote 0
ok, i uninstalled the android driver showing in device manager, rebooted, redetected, and now everything is peachy...it would rock if they could get this driver thing down. i had such a time trying to get htc sync to work properly, and now this. I ended up finding a similar posting on htcwiki, and it appears this may be related to a clean install of 64bit windows 7. their fix didn't work for me though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones