• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Longer Have Data Connection, Please Help!

eric3316

Android Enthusiast
May 9, 2010
NC
I went to install a theme on CM6 final and now my EVO will not bring up a 3G connection anymore even after flashing a stock rom. It will not connect to data or even show the 3g symbol.

I can still make calls though.

Does anyone know what setting might have changed or anything I can do to get my data back?

I had the same problem yesterday(no 3g or wifi connectivity). It just disappeared suddenly. I ended up calling sprint and they tried everything but could not fix it, so they told me to take it in to one of their stores. I figured they would just run their useless diagnostic check then tell me they will need to reflash it like they always do. So i decided to save myself the 30 mile drive and hour wait and handle it myself. I ended up reflashing it, and it fixed it....for now, but that was freaky.
If anyone knows what this is about please let me know, thanks

Upvote 0
I have a full stock device and this happens to me occasionally. To get the 3G symbol / data connection back, I go to menu...settings...wireless & Networks...and then un check mobile networks...wait a seconds, then recheck. or sometimes just waiting some time and doing nothing fixes it. Sometimes the first method I mention results in issue occurring again a few times. On this case, just reset the device seems to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones