No longer receivin text messages on my Samsung AdmireSupport

1. drowssap21

drowssap21 New Member

I have had my Samsung Admire for at least 5 months and never had an issue. Starting this past Saturday, people have been telling me that I haven't been responding to their texts but I haven't been receiving any. I have also tried to text some people and haven't gotten a response. I know Metro PCS has terrible service so I feel like it might be a problem with them but I was wondering if there is a way to fix this. I have heard of people suddenly receiving all of their texts at once, like there was traffic over the network or something so hopefully that happens to me. I have also tried sending texts to myself and I'm not receiving them but I still get texts from SOME other people. I'm not sure what is going on. Anyway, any help or advice from people that have been through a similar situation would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. rahultnath

rahultnath New Member

Please check whether your phone is showing correct date and time. Let me know the result
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Welcome to AF both of you! Just so you know, I moved this to the Samsung Admire forum. You should get the best help in there, drowssap21. Thanks for joining up! :)
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Glad to have you both. :)

In your case, remove and reinsert the battery to see if that could trigger it, if not...then I'd suggest taking the device in to be checked out, or contact your service provider (representative) for assistance.

Good luck.
  5. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Yes welcome aboard rahultnath and drowssap21:)
    In regards to your question drowssap21-It IS an issue with Metro PCS regardless of the phone you have. Wish I had a fix for you but there isn't one that I am aware of:(-perhaps others have suggestions:D
  6. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Well one day I experienced this with my esteem and the only thing I did was reboot which didn't work. So I spammed myself messages to see if that could help. It worked but its worth a try and see if that does the job.
  7. Well, you could try doing a PRL update, if you already haven't. All you do is dial *228 then, when it asks you what you want, press 5 and it will update it for you then reboot.

You can also turn on airplane mode, wait for a bit, then turn out off.

If your rooted, you can clear the dalvik cache, although I don't know if that will do anything.

You can also do a factory reset. If your rooted, remember to download Titanium Backup to backup all your apps and data.

Try all that, and if none of that work, then I'm stumped...
  8. Slickinator

Slickinator Well-Known Member

Haha, this literally just happened to me, and I fixed it by calling Metro PCS from a different phone and telling them you wanted to re-program your phone because of your problem with texts, give them the info they need, and follow the instructions they give you, and that's how it worked for me