• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Love for Batman Arkham Asylum?

Finished it now anyway, thanks. The boss fights are infuriating, but AA was an enjoyable game none the less.

I've still got a ton of stuff to play through before I think about buying another game (although I will be picking up Halo Anniversary). When I do get round to Arkham City, I'll see about a 2nd hand controller or something.

Upvote 0
I just picked up AC on Friday when I bought a new 360 and I must say this game is freakin amazing. I haven't played on a console since the OG GOW and if this is how good games have gotten I have really been missing out.

The graphics and AI are awesome; and there is so much to do. With my gamer OCD (wanting to get ever little detail, trophy, secret) I have a feeling this game will take me awhile. For instance, I have spent the last two hours of playing time stuck at my last Advanced AR training (the one by the Joker's Fun House) and can't get Batman to glide through the tunnel, he just hits the group. But alas, my OCD will not let me move on.

I never played AA but since I like AC so much I think I will pick it up and give it a go.

Upvote 0
PC version comes out on Friday. I've given some thought to taking off work to play it, but the idea makes me feel guilty so I probably won't. I've got to test out my Thanksgiving recipes this weekend and it's Thanksgiving week with family coming to town. The week after is Christmas shopping. I'm hoping to get to play it before December.

Upvote 0

cc170bd1-cc0a-4663-b863-688d583d5a69.jpg

Upvote 0
If you want to concentrate on the main mission, you get the option continue playing after the game is 'over'.

Yeah. It's just distracting to me. You see someone being held hostage and your thought is that, as Batman, you really ought to go rescue them. You do so and find out that there a billion other people being held hostage. So you rescue all of them, then you see a distress flair. You really ought to see what that is. Now you've got another side mission. Now, it's 6 hours later and you are still looking for the Joker. Then there's a phone that rings. Better answer it. I'm having to force myself to ignore the side missions and focus on the main story which is difficult for an ADD addled person like myself.

Upvote 0
I'm finding the stealth missions in Arkham City to be much, much harder. Mainly because they tend to be out in the wide open city and if you pick off one guy the others all tend to cluster together. There's one where there are 4 armed guards. They're all spread out and you can easily pick off any one of the four. Once you do though you've got three and they literally all stand next to each other or no more than 3-4 feet from each other and they panic and shoot at anything.

Upvote 0
It is very useful IMO, but if you like to use the navigation tools you can't see them with detective mode on. I turn it off when I'm glidding around the city then turn it on if I'm trying to look for secrets or am stuck. It is also helpful to find ringing phones and the guys who are getting beat up for the side mission. Often I can hear them yelling for help but can't find them until I use detective mode.

Upvote 0
It is very useful IMO, but if you like to use the navigation tools you can't see them with detective mode on. I turn it off when I'm glidding around the city then turn it on if I'm trying to look for secrets or am stuck. It is also helpful to find ringing phones and the guys who are getting beat up for the side mission. Often I can hear them yelling for help but can't find them until I use detective mode.

Yeah, there's a map like before and it shows your next objective. There's a compass on the regular display that has your destination marked so you know where you're going and aren't just wandering aimlessly. It's a huge help in finding something. It's turned off in detective mode. However in detective mode if you can hear someone talking, it shows you what direction they are and how far away they are which you can't see during regular mode.

I am stuck at Solomon Grundy. He is kicking the crap out of me and I'm wishing I could call in Green Lantern or Superman to deal with him. They're much better qualified for this kind of thing. He's literally like 4-5 times as big as me and really ticked off to boot.

Upvote 0
I found him easy on regular game mode but I am stuck on him in the game+ mode. What are you having problems with?

Him kicking my ass in general. Honestly, I played him once, he beat the crap out of me and I walked away. I tried the quick explosive thing and blew up the pods. Penguin re-activated them. Now I can't seem to destroy them again. Quick-rangs seem to target the guys legs and do virtually no damage at all when I hit him. I gave up. I could dodge him all day and he would do no damage to me, but I wouldn't hurt him either. I can move in close and he grabs me or smacks me with his ball/chain thing. So I got frustrated and went to bed.

Upvote 0
Yeah the first time you blow up the "pods" it is pretty easy...after he is back up (the 1st time) there will be shutters over the pods. So you have to time your explosives to go off when the shutter is open. He then will get up a 3rd time, with new stuff to avoid, and you will have to do the same thing again...timing it when the shutters are open.

This is the only way to damage him, noting else will work. After the 3rd time he is dead...then penquin jumps down and has the use of his gun again. This is easy to avoid and you just run up to him and punch him once...done & done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones