No magnifying glass for text?Support

Last Updated:

1. pblake6

pblake6 New Member

I just got a HTC Velocity 4G (which I have been told is the Australian version if the Vivid) and one thing I have noticed is that when inputting text, either messaging or browsing the internet etc, is that I can't get the magnifying glass to popup to accurately edit text in a misspelled word. If you long-press a word all it does is highlight it and give you cut and paste options (or in Handcent pop up with an editing menu)

This wouldn't be such a problem if it had the navigation arrows underneath the keyboard (like the Desire HD which I used to have) but it doesn't have those either.

So my question is this: is there a way to enable the magnifying glass to zoom in on words to edit mistakes, as I can't find an option to enable it.

The Velocity 4G here is at the moment specific to Telstra and running Android 2.3.7 with a planned upgrade to 4.0 in the near future so I am also curious as to whether it is just missing from 2.3.7 and will be re-implemented in 4.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

2. mkeene19

mkeene19 New Member

3. pblake6

pblake6 New Member

I figured it out :D

All you have to do is the tap the word or spot you are typing, and a small tear-drop shaped green and black arrow will pop up. Hold your finger onto that and whatever that is underneath will magnify :D