Last Updated:

1. Bozzy

Bozzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1.) Model Number - i7500
    2.) Firmware Version - 1.5
    3.) Baseband Version - I7500JVIG4
    4.) Kernel Version - 2.6.27

Hi
    Im new to the forum and new to the android community.
    I just got my Samsung I7500 delivered today and i noticed it doesnt have a market app, ive been searching around but found nothing to help me. I also i cant get into the phone or update to phone thru NPS it says "device not supported" anyone else have this issue and can anyone help me fix it?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

What region are you in? what country did you buy it from?

The Market app may be missing because android market isnt suported in your region.

You have a few options:

1) Get the market apk from another phone/user and install it.
    2) Flash update your phone to the latest firmware (August build 7 is the latest - you currently have July build 4.)

The problem with 2) is that the NPS software only recognises the first FF build. The update part will recognise a couple of other version (so people say). But if it doesnt your only option is to use MultiOdin.

There's no real risks involved with MultiOdin, except you will loose your region branding. We don't have a CSC file for you're particular region, so you won't be able to 'brand' it back. This should only really be a problem if you like some particular aspect of the branding, or you decide to return it to your operator one day.

If its not from an operator, or you plan to just send it to samsung for repair etc in case of problems then you can totally unbrand it.

FYI branding just seems to mean apn settings and a new background so far with all the operators i've seen.

3. Bozzy

I bought it from an online website the phone is unlocked and not branded as far as i can tell, im not sure which region it came from but i am located in USA.

How would i flash update if cant use NPS?

4. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Ahh if you're in the US then go ahead and update it to H7...

http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/8364-new-firmware-samsung-new-pc-studio.html#post47854

Just a little word on the branding....

The firmware is actually listed as I7500XXIYY or I7500XXIYY

The IYY describes the date of the build and XX specifies the operator branding/region. The most branding the operators do right now is change the background and the splash screen. So it may look 'unbranded' to you, but it is ALWAYS 'branded' or 'regionised'.

The regionalising/branding controls what firmware NPS will display as an update. (They also seem to control that by IP address). So if you were to put the italian CSC in it, it would become regionalised/branded to the operator in italy, and you would get any updates they released displayed in NPS.

If you were italian, living in italty on that operator it may be important for you to stay regionlised to that operator. But since you are not, you're better off just updating to the latest firmware that is available in ANY region. Today that's the H7 build, and the info to update without NPS is in that link.

5. Bozzy

I just did everything you said in the instructions and notthing happened my phone just restarted and i still have G4

6. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Strange.. did it come back with PASS in multi Odin?

You might need to download this file, and set the BOOT file to the boot file contained in the zip file:

http://firmware.javer.sgh.ru/?frm=I7500XEIH2&t=4

It may be that your bootloader is too old to accept this firmware. I already updated my bootloader before.

7. Bozzy

Yes It came back as pass, ill give this a try too

8. Bozzy

Ok now i did it with the BOOT and it passed again but now my phone is just flashing "Samsung GALAXY" splash screen... did something go wrong?

9. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Wierd. Did you set PDA and phone to the main tar file? You need to point it to the .tar file inside the zip file, and not the zip file itself.

Maybe you should use the H2 file first and point to the BOOT, PHONE and PDA files in there. That will take you to version H2

10. Bozzy

Yes i used .TAR files but it just kept flashing splash screen, so i went with your other suggestion use everything from H2 and this one worked i even have the MARKET now :D THANKS ALOT

So if i did H7 again without the BOOT since it should be updated, would it work?

11. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

It should do yeah. I actually updated to H2 like you did, then did H2 BOOT and that H7 tar file for both PHONE and PDA.