• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"No Means Yes. Yes Means Anal" chant by Yale fraternity. Expel them?

Should the Yale DKE fraternity students be expelled?

• Total voters
They might be despicable human being's for behaving the way they did, but they shouldn't be expelled for simply saying something, freedom of speech trumps political correctness. I do hope that the fraternity itself takes some disciplinary action against those involved though.

Ya everyone has freedom of speech. You are confusing freedom of speech and consequences. You have the freedom of speech to falsely yell fire in a crowded theater, no one denies that. However, just because you have the freedom to yell fire, doesn't mean later you wont pay the consequences and deal with the punishment. Having freedom of speech doesn't void potential consequences.

You have the freedom of speech to use the N word at work in a professional setting towards other employees, doesn't mean you have a right to retain your job for using hate words.

You have the freedom of speech to verbally threaten a cop, doesn't mean you don't have to pay the consequences of threatening a cop.

You have the freedom of speech to advocate rape on a private University campus, doesn't mean the University can't throw you out and expel you. It's a private school, you applied to be there, it is a privilege to be there, and although you have the freedom of speech to say whatever you want, that privilege of being a student can be revoked.

I don't know why people think freedom of speech comes with no consequences. Sure say what you want, but nowhere does it say consequences are void.

Upvote 0
You are confusing the ability to say something with freedom of speech. But you're. Right...if you threaten, encourage something illegal (and no, saying 'no means yes, yes means anal is not telling someone to go rape someone) if they had chanted 'we are going to rape the next girl we see...'' that is completely different.

These guys were drunk and stupid and someone caught it on video...its only news because of what frat it is and that its at yale... but its not crossing any line.

Now if a future employee wants to choose not to hire them because of their affiliation with this frat...there's a consequence that fits the crime

Upvote 0
lol its like that game people play about linking people to kevin bacon......

no matter what goes wrong in the world for the rest of its history the dems will find a way to link it to Bush within 7 steps

Yup, indeed, 'tis true.

Here is what I do: when I encounter a Bush hater, I ask for specific examples of why President Bush was so bad. They are often hard pressed to tell you why; the examples they do manage to give you can be torn apart and shown to be either out and out lies or simply a democratic spin the poster swallows whole and without thought.

They are droids, pre-programmed with defective data. So ignore them. They have hatred and ignorance and they refuse to learn because they are scared of the truth.

Let them suffer in silence.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0
Yup, indeed, 'tis true.

Here is what I do: when I encounter a Bush hater, I ask for specific examples of why President Bush was so bad. They are often hard pressed to tell you why; the examples they do manage to give you can be torn apart and shown to be either out and out lies or simply a democratic spin the poster swallows whole and without thought.

They are droids, pre-programmed with defective data. So ignore them. They have hatred and ignorance and they refuse to learn because they are scared of the truth.

Let them suffer in silence.

Bob Maxey

Well he turned the US from the most idolised country in the world to the most most mocked :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
My biggest concern with this doesnt fall so much on the people chanting, odds are they are drunk and just being college guys and none of them have or will rape a girl. What im worried about is the outcast student or saw or heard this and assumed that they were serious and in an effort to win over his peers actually does go and rape someone.

Upvote 0
My biggest concern with this doesnt fall so much on the people chanting, odds are they are drunk and just being college guys and none of them have or will rape a girl. What im worried about is the outcast student or saw or heard this and assumed that they were serious and in an effort to win over his peers actually does go and rape someone.

that's akin to some drunk frat saying they are going to murder the (rival team). Of course, they mean in football but noone blames the frat if someone goes out and kills a rival football team player.

Upvote 0
IDK about then, but the view of the US in my country has gone like this

2000 | ---
2001 | \/-
2002 | \
2003 | \
2004 | \
2005 | \
2006 | \
2007 | \
2008 | \---
2009 | ----\
2010 | \

so basically what this "graph" shows is you should be hating Obama as much as you hate Bush....... since the view of the US in your country is lower than it ever was under Bush

Upvote 0
more assuming.... lol.

I'll go back to JFK

1. Reagan
2. W. Bush
3. Clinton
4. H.W. Bush - only lost 2nd election due to Ross Perot splitting the R-vote.
5. Nixon - yes, remember, he did open relations with China and get us out of Vietnam
6. JFK - just because he took two bullets to the head, doesn't make him a great president. But he did overt a world wide crisis.
7. Ford - transitional president, but held things together which is all you can ask of a president who was never elected and following a national crisis
8. Obama
9. LBJ - protecting self interests in Asia
10. Carter - good Christian man with good intentions.... but not a good president.

I do not agree with this list... W. Bush left the USA in a big mess by not addressing previous errors made by Clinton and George Senior.
(EDITED: I see what you did here)

Upvote 0
so basically what this "graph" shows is you should be hating Obama as much as you hate Bush....... since the view of the US in your country is lower than it ever was under Bush

No each \ just represents a downward trend
Our hopes for the US to change when Obama came away were dashed by the TeaPaRtY, who are making Americans look dumber and dumber

Upvote 0
So who is on a mission to link this to Kevin Bacon?
:D

(The Bacon connection here would be epic)

thats an easy one:

1) frat- DKE
2) DKE member Dick Clark
3)Dick Clark owns Dick Clark Productions
4)Dick Clark Productions made a movie called 'The Demon Murder Case' 1983
5) Kevin Bacon starred in 'The Demon Murder Case'

less than 7 steps to Kevin Bacon

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope
Upvote 0
W. did what was right by the US, not the world. He will be remembered as one of the greatest presidents when history looks back upon him.

In my opinion Dubyah did what was right for himself... not America. He had potential but squandered it by making stupid mistakes and surrounding himself by a bunch of self-serving "yes" men (and Condaleeza Rice).

And on a more personal note, he did something back in 1992 that I'll never forgive him for! While he was still managing general partner of the Texas Rangers he fired Bobby Valentine... :eek: :eek: :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones