No media Volume.....

Last Updated:

1. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

I have searched for an answer to this and of all the replies, I haven't had any luck.

Symptoms:
    Phone rings ok
    I can hear screen taps ok
    My volumes are all up in the various phone settings
    I can hear text and email alerts

Problem:
    If I boot up the media player and select a tune, it plays but I cannot hear it
    If I fire up a youtube vid, it plays but again I cannot hear it

The only thing that works believe it or not is turning the thing off and on again. However a while or if i exit the youtube app or whatever it then looses sound again. It's not the end of the world but it's not ideal.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Just for clarification, when you have the media player playing and you press the volume rocker to increase the volume it still doesn't work? Did this just recently happen or was this an issue out of the box? Did you test a 3rd party media player to see if you're having the same issue of no volume?

Not sure if this helps, but download audiomanager widget from the market. It controls the volumes for all the phone features that uses volumes (alarm, music, alerts, voice etc.). Put the Music Volume to MAX and see if that helps.

Vicdude likes this.
  3. Vicdude

Hi Roze,

You are correct, even though the volume bars show that everything is turned up full, there is no sound. As far as I'm aware it wasn't like that out of the box, it's only become apparent over the last few days. Like I say, bizarrely, it works after a reboot. I'll try the audio manager and see if that helps

Cheers

Vicky

4. Roze

Did you recently download an app that controls the media audio? It's definitely a SW issue as you can use the speaker for talking and you get system alerts.

Well...you can try this test if the AudioManager is show on full and you still can't get sound when you're using the Media. I'm thinkign it's a rouge app (I awlays think this when some malfuction happened recently)...if you can't tell right off the bat if the apps you download have control to the Media speaker, uninstall ALL of the apps you've downloaded in the past couple of days...until your Media volume is working again (hopefully it does). Then slowly install the apps again to see which one is the culprit. This is on the time consuming side...but should work.

Vicdude likes this.
  5. Vicdude

Using the audio manager now and whilst it hasn't solved the problem, it now only takes a few seconds to rectify so I suppose that will have to do :D
    Thanks for the input :D

6. Roze

Well if you're ever up to it, you can do a factory reset and maybe that'll fix it.