• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help no memory to save this contact

Hi Najob

Is it 1022, 1028, or 1208 or 1039? I've had a look for a fix for this, and I can see the number is constantly different depending on which topic/forum you're on.

I had problems deleting contacts, but not adding them.

I'm going to assume that your google contacts list has more then 1028 users. And that somewhere around the 1028th contact you've added to google contact (no way to verify that that I know of) is when it stops being able to add new contacts automatically via a sync.

BTW, can you add a new contact manually to your phone? Just testing out my theory....

Upvote 0
Hi Najob

Without spending hours looking into this, I think it's a problem with the phone.

Specifically, the way it handles contacts. If it's using an index for each contact, I think it's hit the maximum number and therefore can't create any new contacts. While the error message says there isn't enough memory, it could just be the default error when a contact isn't able to be written to the phone.

From your symptoms, that's what I suspect anyway. I'd love to know if anybody else is experiencing the problem?

The only thing I can think to try is a factory refresh, in case something got corrupted on the first install. That and talk to T-Mobile customer service and see if the tech guys there know any more.

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I had the same problem on my T-Mobile Pulse. I have tried everything to fix it but unfortunatelly nothing worked. My Pulse is rooted and has AmonRA. I did a nandroid backup but it was useless. I tried also a wipe phone from AmonRA as well as Factory Reset from the phone and it didn't work. With a fresh install I was able to add new contacts but after sincronizing with my google acount the same problem appeared.

*Please take caution on doing the update. The battery needs to be charged (I recommend to keep the phone plugged just in case) and DO NOT interupt the process. I am not responsible for any damages made to your phone by doing this.

The fix for me was going to T-Mobile UK website. Support / Android updates and I got the updated firmware. I tried their way to do it but it didn't work so I tried something else. Follow these steps:
1. download the update from T-Mobile website
2. Unzip the archive
3. Copy the Dload directory to your SD card
4. Open the phone with the card inserted and go to Settings / SD card and phone storage / Upgrade
5. Wait for the update to take place. It will take about 2-3 minutes and you are done then.
6. Phone restarts and you have a clean install of Android (nothing is saved)

After this you can reinstall your apps, synchronize your contacts, mail, calendar and everything will work just fine. At least for me it did. Now I can save as many contacts as I want and the whole menu and everything is smoother.

Have fun with your Pulse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones