• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No miss call badge in Logs

abrash

Lurker
Feb 15, 2013
I have the following problem: after a missed call, if entering Logs, the badge disappears. Until then it is displayed in the notification bar but when entering logs it is automatically cleared from logs too, in the same second that the Logs page is displayed.
If I have several missed calls from different numbers I cannot tell witch number had X missed calls.
I think that this may be a problem related to a 3rd party app. I had installed: exDialer and Touch Pal Contacts but now they are uninstalled.
In messages, badge notification is normally displayed .

I have the following problem: after a missed call, if entering Logs, the badge disappears. Until then it is displayed in the notification bar but when entering logs it is automatically cleared from logs too, in the same second that the Logs page is displayed.
If I have several missed calls from different numbers I cannot tell witch number had X missed calls.
I think that this may be a problem related to a 3rd party app. I had installed: exDialer and Touch Pal Contacts but now they are uninstalled.
In messages, badge notification is normally displayed .

I think you and LilBit are right about the 3rd party apps contributing to this. But let me add this: after removing all but stock apps, I've noticed that going into Logs seems to behave the same as acknowledging the number of calls, thus removing the number notification. It may be the devs way of just saying, "well, the logs are the same as knowing what came in, so why have the notification remain on the badge," or something to that effect. :D

Upvote 0
Might be phone or carrier - I don't get number of calls as a number, but all the calls are listed, with times. I have to count them. The calls stay listed until I delete from phone.

My list is under the clock icon on the phone. All calls are there.

The Nexus S did it this way, so does the Nexus 4. I'm with TMOUS.

Upvote 0
I understand. But how can I fix this? I really don't want to reset the whole phone for this...

That's very often the remedy for many many issues. There are alternatives, sort of "mimi-resets" such as clearing data and cache on all involved apps and widgets, then rebooting. Old stuff.. removing and reinserting the sim and sd card, along with the battery, etc.

If it's carrier bound, that would be interesting to find out, and new to me even though I've been around here for a while. A call to a tech or visit to a carrier floor monkey may help; that's a crap shoot as we've noticed with many other issues posted in these parts. ;)

My habit is to go through all simple possible solutions, beginning with the easiest (unless I know for sure what will fix the issue), leading up to the FDR as the last resort. Sometimes I'll even remove permanently an app giving me trouble, and just move on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones