• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Mobile Data

jordan5100

Oct 29, 2011
It seems no matter what ROM I flash I always get bars of data however they have an exclamation point next to them. I tried reinstalling many times, I even formatted my \data \system \dalvik cache and \cache... A few times I even was able to get it to say 3g and sometimes h+ but still nothing would load and if I enabled WiFi the bars would be fine, but as I disabled WiFi the exclamation point was back. I do see only a handful of people having my same problem but to my knowledge there is new "obvious" fix. I don't know what to do and I'm really trying to keep myself from quitting. Anyways, I have the ms323 (MetroPCS). Also, I know it's not a hardware issue because if i restore my backup my data is fine and good as new. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance.

It seems no matter what ROM I flash I always get bars of data however they have an exclamation point next to them. I tried reinstalling many times, I even formatted my \data \system \dalvik cache and \cache... A few times I even was able to get it to say 3g and sometimes h+ but still nothing would load and if I enabled WiFi the bars would be fine, but as I disabled WiFi the exclamation point was back. I do see only a handful of people having my same problem but to my knowledge there is new "obvious" fix. I don't know what to do and I'm really trying to keep myself from quitting. Anyways, I have the ms323 (MetroPCS). Also, I know it's not a hardware issue because if i restore my backup my data is fine and good as new. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance.

I had this problem too, changing the APN settings did it for me.
Try this
http://androidforums.com/threads/cm12-4g-lte.915278/

If it doesn't work, show me your apn settings.

Upvote 0
My brother who has the ms323 same as me for some reason the data won't work tried all APN settings tried matching them with my working phones settings every ROM for me works fine data and all every ROM for him works but no data unless he's on stock oh and his flash don't work but I think that just broke Anyway's I've been trying for months Now and have been watching this post because the answers I found and that you guys posted just won't work but it works fine on stock so I know its a software issue not hardware (the flash I think is a hardware issue but would be awesome if they bother are fixed the same)

There's one other thing that I found odd in the sittings on the carbon ROM his phone has different words like where it says mobile it says something different when I know were on the same ROM because I downloaded it on my phone flashed it everything was fine sent it to his SD card flashed it in his phone and he had no data we are using the same twrp versions and same aboot.bin file and both the laf files are the same as well so if I can get any help on this I'd be vary thankful

Upvote 0
per - http://androidforums.com/threads/ms323-cm11-12-compiled-info-help.887979/

Data - Download the SH File: http://d-h.st/dPZk. Then, put it in /system/ and download SManager. find the file in /system/ and tap on it. Then, click su and net, then disable WiFi and click run. It should work. If you get the error IP address isn't valid, then just choose su instead of both su and net.

I also used the aboot.bin from the dump thread.

Keep wifi off.

Deleted all but 1 APN.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones