• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No More 2.3 OTA For Now

Yeah, the whole point off updating is to fix bugs and add features, not take them away. I can't stand the camera right now. LG really effed that up. Other than that my phone its running great. I won't complain too much I guess as I still have my vibrant. If they take away any more features though then I will contact them. taking away feature that were on the phone at the time of purchase can be cause enough to file a legitimate lawsuit. Not saying I would but there are people that will. And they would have a case

Upvote 0
Yeah taking he LG camera out was a big mistake on there part. I called the tech department of T-Mobile yesterday and told her I got the OTA notification and started the download but it froze midway and I had to do a battery pull to clear it out of the notification bar, then going back and trying to do the software update in settings kept telling me that I have the current version, that was last Wednesday.
She told me that the update was being worked on at the moment will be rolled out again.
Maybe adding the LG camera back or my bug fox's who knows

Upvote 0
I don't know about anyone else, but my phone has become unusable at times after doing the OTA GB update.

It would lag until I either pull the battery or shut it down. The problem with shutting it down it would take me about 10 minutes to get to the shut down screen. I'd hold the power button and nothing would happen except for the screen flickering on and off every 10 or 15 seconds.

I'm guessing this used to be when the phone would just automatically shut down (back in the FroYo days).

And it looks like the GPS hasn't been fully fixed. It's better, but definitely not anywhere close to what a decent GPS should be.

Upvote 0
No wonder I haven't received the OTA. I think I'm kind of lucky for not getting it. Lol.
I really think they should've waited for the OTA to be really good before they released it. Yeah people were impatient, trust me so was I, but why send out an OTA that would only piss people off even more?

Honestly, LG really messed up with this OTA release. Only brought down their reputation even more.

Upvote 0
The more and more I read from others on here and other sites sounds like LG/T-Mobile we pressured in to releasing a unfinished update. No LG camera, battery heat issues, some reporting lag.
Hopefully they did pull to fix or finish it

Yeah. After spending a couple weeks with the Gingerbread I can say for sure that my phone was better overall with Froyo. Fix it or allow me to revert back.

Upvote 0
to be honest i knew there were going to be problems with the update. Tmobile has always been a company to have issues with updates. they try to squeeze way too much into one update. but it's not just them, it's also LG. things would go so much easier if they were to fix the bugs with smaller updates, then worry about the gingerbread afterwards. the bug fixes should have been released awhile ago. the smaller the update, the easier it is to see if there will be any issues with that update. then we wouldn't have this problem. things would be better if they released 10 smaller, but working updates than releasing the same bug infested update 10 times. and they should never take away any options. the camera now is horrible. that is one of the reasons i picked up the phone, now it sucks.

Upvote 0
Been checking everyday a few times a day the system update in setting now getting a server connection failure (I do have full bars on 4G)
So maybe the OTA problem is a server problem? Or they'r getting ready to start the update again?

I think you may be on to something. I tried several times today as well and it just says connection failed. It won't even the usual "Current version is latest version." I even tried connecting on WiFi and it's been a little over 2 minutes and it's still checking the server to see if there is an update. hmm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones