No more forced cropping on Wallpapers!Tips

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

This is a repost, full credit to "demandarin" on XDA.

I have figured out a way to apply wallpapers like they're supposed to be with no loss in quality. applying through gallery or quick menu forces you to crop the picture resulting in the images you posted. check out my method.

Go to marketplace and get a free app called picSpeed wallpapers.

Go to the Gallery app and choose your pic you want to apply as the wallpaper. press set as. then choose wallpaper. now, since you installed that app I mentioned, a pop up menu will show asking you which method do you want to use to apply the wallpaper. choose PicSpeed.

now it will allow you to apply the whole image without being forced to crop

hit the Thanks if this solved your wallpaper woes

Advertisement
    :
  2. theandies

theandies Well-Known Member

Awesome
  3. demandarin

demandarin Member

Well Thank you ;-) this method still works great for me on ICS. I love high resolution wallpapers n always changing it. So I have to have the best method to showcase it on my prime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. rsarno

I am the exact same way! Before i found this method i was PISSSSSEEEDDDD!!! but now its all back to normal lol
  5. theandies

theandies Well-Known Member

demandarin, what that widget below your clock?

Here is my current wallpaper. I use sunset shots taken from my front porch. This one was about 6 years ago. Had it on my phone but it never looked right. Now it looks awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. rsarno

awesome the screeny showing in the gallery haha
    for a second i thought it was real time collecting and analyzing data

thats be a cool idea for a live wallpaper hehe
  7. rsarno

bump for some newbish
  8. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Picspeed has some nice wallpapers, just go into the folder on your SD and delete the cache/recent occasionally. It tends to build up pretty quickly.
  9. resensical

resensical New Member

This app is amazing!
  10. cambo1

cambo1 Well-Known Member

Nice find..thanks
  11. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

12. AliceWonder

AliceWonder Member

This did not work for me with a Galaxy Tab 10.1.

I could not install a custom wall paper from within the app, and using the gallery, there was no option to use picSpeed. It did less of a crop after installing the app, but it still did a crop.

What am I doing wrong, and why did Android have to ignore KISS when developing their wallpaper concept?
  13. rsarno

GREAT question!
  14. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Doesn't work for me, just end up with a tiny wallpaper to the left with the rest of the screen black.
  15. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

I wanted to revive this thread just in case there are still people searching the inter-tubes for an answer to the problem of being forced to crop wallpaper in Android 4 and up to a "cross" shape.

Nova Launcher Prime (you need the paid ver I believe) will let you set your wallpaper as the "cross" shape, as a portrait shape, or as a horizontal shape.

That's not all it does, of course, NLP is a full launcher replacement for Android.
  16. Tom2112

Tom2112 Member

Thank you! I have been frustrated by this for a LONG time and had not found any solution. This rocks!
  17. wesblood

wesblood New Member

Excellent!!!and thank you
  18. MalikMalikMalik

MalikMalikMalik New Member

Thanks for the info damn cross shape crop had limited the wallpaper