No More Froyo?Support

Last Updated:

1. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so I had postponed getting Froyo on my Incredible (every time it popped up I'd hit install later). Anyway it stopped popping up and now I checked settings and it says my system is up to date with 2.1. I don't necessarily want 2.2 on my phone (it is absolutely perfect and am afraid of what Froyo might do to it) but I was curious...I read recently that Gingerbread is in the works and in order to get that, do I need 2.2 first? i.e. would it harm the phone's system by going from 2.1 (where I'm at) to say, 2.3 or whatever Gingerbread is and skipping Froyo altogether?

Advertisement
  2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

You can not go from 2.1 to 2.3 without getting 2.2.

As for if we will even get Gingerbread, that is a whole other question. Gingerbread is actually done and they are already working on Honeycomb. But when (and if) any of that will roll out to the phones is anyone's guess.

alison03 likes this.
  3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

**Prepares for "the carriers are screwing us by not giving us Gingerbread" bitching**

4. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

LOL, I am sure it is coming. This place was a mess when Froyo was about to be released.

I am rooted so all I have to do is wait for a nice Gingerbread ROM :D

5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Yeah, it'll be coming. Also the "Gingerbread broke my phone!!!" bitching will be coming as well I'm sure.

6. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lol thanks for the info! I don't know much about updates etc but I'm currently happy with 2.1 :)

So next question...if I need 2.2 for the mythical possible Gingerbread...how would I go about getting it down the road if I stopped getting the OTA update pop-up? Just find one of the downloads online somewhere?