No more sound!Support

Last Updated:

1. brettmc

brettmc Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have no sound! How do I fix it?

I've already taken out the battery & sim card. Still no sound...

I need to hear incoming emails, calls and texts. Life is gonna be rough relying only on vibrate.

Should I do a hard reset and go back to default settings? If so, will it affect any apps I've installed?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

You haven't put the phone on Silent, have you? Even I do dumb things!

3. brettmc

Nope....i've been through the settings soooo many times.

I don't think the speaker is busted because when I reboot it, it makes that swooshing sound.

4. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

>>> Should I do a hard reset and go back to default settings? If so, will it affect any apps I've installed?

Yes and yes. Download and use Titanium Backup to preserve your apps, Market links for those apps, and all your settings. I do recommend that you utilize an external SD card to house your backups. Search for Titanium in the forum for assistance with the external card backup and other Titanium issues. Any unanswered questions after doing so can be dealt with in this thread.

5. brettmc

What are the chances that this will bring sound back?

6. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

No idea whatsoever, but it's a no-lose proposition (I jump at them). Just don't call Samsung. They'll frustrate the hell out of you with ancillary nonsense like "what did you have for breakfast this morning," and "I'm so sorry you're having this problem."

Then they'll recommend a factory reset.

7. BeerFox

BeerFox Member

Did this happen for you as part of the OTA update? I'm in the same boat - the update failed at 50%, the phone rebooted, and the speaker was gone. I still get sound through the earpiece when on a call, but pretty much everything else is now mute. Unfortunately, I've not been able to restore it - tried a factory reset, then a full reset with Odin, still no sound.