1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

No more tether after update...Support

1. DQScott95

DQScott95 Well-Known Member

I updated to e last night a d ever since, have been unable to tether my phone to my WiiU. It connects to the phone but not the interment. This was the only thing keeping me sane since I don't even have internet, and now I'm extremely irritated... Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
    mai8ko likes this.
  2. labstud

labstud Member

Same issue here, I would tether my Nexus 7 and now its no longer working.
    I get an IP address but i cannot go anywhere except for google and youtube.
  3. blaze420916

blaze420916 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys guys I won't be updating
  4. Flablitz

Flablitz Well-Known Member

thanks for this info. does hotspot still work? I use hotspot for my Internet. I'm curious do yall use the browser ua switcher to connect to inet? if not, try that while tethering. It may help and if not try 3rd party applications like easytether for usb and Foxfi or barnacle for wireless. like I said I have been useing the built in hotspot with pc running firefox and the ua switcher addon with the safari string. It works great for me and I have a thread on here explaining how to do so and with the list of ua strings. good luck and hope all works out, I know what it's like to have to tether phone for home inet and how important it is to people that do so.
  5. Flablitz

6. labstud

labstud Member

I found a tether app that works with the new update: Wi-Fi Tether
  7. Jenna_Lenna

Jenna_Lenna Active Member

So is this official or a case by case situation? If its officially part of the changes in upgrade E then I'll look into downgrading back to the D version. Also, I haven't noticed any significant improvement on battery life with the E firmware and I did notice that the Emergency Alert SMS app seems to be gone after updating as well.
  8. DQScott95

DQScott95 Well-Known Member

The tethering app posted above, with the right settings (generic ICS/Jb) wlan0 should work. It works for me.
  9. jah590

jah590 Member

Yeah my tethering while connect by USB doesn't work but the hotspot still does
  10. Flablitz

Hotspot is what I use. Glad to hear it is still going great. :)
  11. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

Sh!t! Didn't notice this! Thanks for the heads-up! Currently downgrading. Incidentally, the scrolling wasn't really fixed, cuz I had mine get stuck between 2 screens on E also. IMO, nothing special about E... not really worth the trouble.
  12. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

It's in settings of the messaging app
  13. rollenj

rollenj Member

As long as I change the user agent in the browser on my laptop to an android user agent, I don't have any problems with USB tethering. Also, I use Open Garden to connect to my tablet. Since Open Garden uses bluetooth and I don't have bluetooth on my laptop and I don't have to change user agents on my tablet. One note, I did the full update using the LG Mobile Support Tool while connected to my laptop - not OTA or using the Unbricking method. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.