No more windows!!!

Last Updated:

1. mindovaanything

mindovaanything Member This Topic's Starter

So after so long of having various pocket pc's and windows based smarphones I'm now a very happy droid user. Just got mine yesterday and am already adding a bunch of apps, loving all the features and have finally gotten all my contacts and calenders sync'd.

Advertisement
  2. vonfeldt7

vonfeldt7 Well-Known Member

Ha ha, congrats on getting away from WinMo... you'll love Android. Getting started is usually the hardest part because (like you mentioned) of contact/file syncing, etc. Once you get through that and get used to Android you'll be glad that you made the switch.

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

4. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

5. mindovaanything

thanks everyone, Yea I was never able to sync my contacts or calenders between windows mobile and my macbook, but I've been using a google account for lots of their products, I've already got all my contacts and calender sync'd between my my google calender and my phone so I just won't be using iCal or outlook or anything else at all. I can't wait to upgrade my macbook to snowleopard so that I can run the pdanet app and the salling media sync. I think that with that combo I should be able to use my phone via bluetooth as an internet connection for my macbook as well as sync my phone with iTunes, and iPhoto. Then just keep all my contacts, calenders, and emails online through the google sync. Sound good? Any other suggestions for syncing or apps? I'm building a pretty good list of the must have apps.

What's the Largest memory card I can run on my Moment? Any suggestions on where to get it for cheap?

What about a good stereo headset so I can really use this thing as my music player and I've already got the Power Manager app but what else can I do for long battery life?

6. mindovaanything

oh yea and how can I remove some of the default apps that I don't want or at least stop them from running? I've got the Advanced Task Killer but certain default apps just keep relaunching themselves.

7. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

8. vonfeldt7

vonfeldt7 Well-Known Member

You can't remove the default stuff like FaceBook, Amazon, etc without rooting, which I wouldn't recommend doing right now until you're familiar with Android. Some of the default services will always relaunch/need to be running and there's nothing you can do about it, but it's not to big of a deal. You won't notice any slowdown from them.

9. mindovaanything

yea i did a search and found that out just a few minutes ago, I thought it would slow it down but regardless I just hate having all these apps/icons that i dislike and will never use in my phone that I have to scroll past constantly. Is there someone or somewhere that I can look into a rooting service? like get someone to do it for me? I really don't feel comfortable doing it.

10. vivimatsuk

vivimatsuk Member

welcome dude! im a new guy too :)

11. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard

12. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Welcome!

13. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! [​IMG]

I hope you had a good Christmas (if you celebrate it) and have a happy new year [​IMG]