No music found problem

Last Updated:

1. paulberman

paulberman New Member This Topic's Starter

I just started using a Droid Incredible 2 and can't figure out how to play my music. I have always used WMP to organize my music and was able to sync it to the Droid. WMP shows all of the music synced to the phone. I am also able to open up the files under \android\external_storage\music\ and see each of the artist folders. Within are the album folders, and inside the mps3. On the phone, however, it only says "No Music Found".

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this and am hoping somone can help me out.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Are they mp3's? When you navigate to the files in a file explorer, can you click on them and play them?

3. Daniel123de

Daniel123de Banned

I am sure droid can play mp3 files.

4. Marvintheparanoid

Marvintheparanoid Well-Known Member

Have your phone rescanned the SD card?

This does it automatically on a reboot, or you can download an app to do it, such as 'rescan media'

5. Brucew0617

Brucew0617 Banned

I think something wrong with your SD card, you try to use another one card. If it still can not, maybe you should reset your mobile phone or get a new rom.

6. pranavom8

pranavom8 New Member

Search for all the .nomedia files and delete them, and then put the music now and see if it does the trick :) :eek:

7. hjason

hjason Member

what he is saying is he uses wmp server to play his music from... and when he connects he can see it all there but when he plays something it wont play...

8. rizal24

rizal24 Member

You try to download the player. "mp3" and you try to re-scan your memory after you try restarting your mobile.