No music?Support

Last Updated: 2013-12-31 06:02:41
  1. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

Every music player I try says either I have no music or it doesn't support this type of file. Can someone tell me how to fix this please?

Advertisement
  2. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

Can you tell what kind of format they're in?
  3. mills23

Most say mp3 and m4a?
  4. mills23

I had no problems till I switched to the note 3
  5. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

I have M4a, wav, MP3, amr, ogg and 3gp, all work with the stock music player, have you maybe changed the default music player then uninstalled it?
  6. mills23

No. And when I do a scan with the go player it says that I have no music. I can go into my files pick a song and any of the 4 players I have installed won't play it
  7. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

Do they play if your phone is connected to the PC and you navigate to where they are on your phone using it and try and open using Windows media player? I ask because I'm trying to rule out any problem with the actual file.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Are the songs in internal memory or SD card? If SD, could be a duff or fake one based on what you're describing.
  9. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

10. mills23

These songs have moved from every android phone I have ever had starting with the moto droid via my sd card. Never had any problems playing them till I switched to my note 3. That's why I think it is the phone and not the songs themselves.
  11. mills23

No body knows?
  12. Caker188

Caker188 Well-Known Member

I know you've probably tried everything by now but have you tried downloading them off your card to the phone? That was the first thing I did when I got mine and then took the card out.
  13. mills23

How do I do that? But I need my card.
  14. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

Feel free to send me two files, one of each format and I'll investigate and test on my Note 3 for you. PM coming your way. Entirely up to you.

Tim
    ocnbrze likes this.
  15. Vigasan

Vigasan Member

Plug the phone into your computer. Navigate to your devices music folder. Double click on one of the songs and see if it plays on your computer.
    mikedt likes this.
  16. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Give PowerAmp a try. There's a trial version in the Play Store, $3.99USD to unlock to full version but worth every penny. PowerAmp specifically supports mp4/m4a (including alac) file types as well as a bunch of others including wma.
    mikedt likes this.