• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No network internet connectivity

geoffd

Apr 21, 2010
So I dropped AT&T for the Incredible and my number successfully ported over, but I cannot connect to the Internet. I can make/receive calls and SMS, but no Internet besides wifi. I've been on with vzw support and went through reactivating the phone (*228) and a couple hard reset to no avail. They said it could have something to do with porting from AT&T, but I'm not understanding that connection. I don't have too much faith in support figuring out so I'm trying this forum. Does anyone have a clue how to resolve this or is it a defect with the phone.

Some details:
  • there is no 3G symbol near the signal status bars.
  • Settings/Wireless & networks: shows "Mobile Network" with a green check, buts its grayed out so no action can be taken on it. Directly underneath "Mobile Network" it says "Turning on..." and it seems to flash that status every once in a while.
Thanks!!

This also happened to me a couple of times. I couldn't get a 3G connection, there was no 3G near the signal status bars and the "Turning on..." was inactive with the occasional flash.

The first time it happened the rep made sure there wasn't any data blocks in my account and then told me to do the following things:
-go into Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks. Make sure that Data Roaming and Enable Always-on Mobile Data are checked.
-When that didn't work, they had me reprogram my phone (*228).
-When that didn't work, they found out that there was an outage in my area.

The second time it happened I just restarted the phone. That was enough to get it going. If you've restarted your phone and you still can't get a connection, try reprogramming it. If you still can't get a connection, then call Verizon.

Upvote 0
I have the oppostite problem, I can't get it to connect to my wifi.. :/ I read on here that it's bc I have a G router and it requires a B/G router right now, but that should be fixed soon? Anyone heard anything about this?

Hmmm, I have a Netgear N router set for mixed-mode, but I always assumed the Inc would connect to G. You can probably set your router to b/g mixed mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones