• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No new Camera Interface and 3D Gallery for 2.2?

Android Version: 2.2
Network: Three UK
Taskiller Used?: NO!!
Issue: 2.2 Froyo Update doesn't have new Camera interface or 3D Gallery

To Everybody!

I FINALLY got the notification for the 2.2 Froyo update for my HTC Desire on the Three network just yesterday. So far so good, installed and it seems to be running faster (or at least the 'placebo effect' from seeing it upgrade has yet to wear off).

However, I had read that the camera interface had been changed and that the 3D gallery would be available. I have definitely got new features on the camera (e.g. more rotation, light for camcorder, 720p recording), but there is no change to the interface other than the little gallery icon fully rotating. Also, I do not have the 3D gallery.

Does anyone know why this is? Was it not included in the Three Froyo update?!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your reply.

I had watched numerous videos on YouTube and reading various other websites, and they all show that the camera interface has been improved.

Android 2.2 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

The site above says that the camera UI has been changed. I have even noticed other difference as shown in the menu and the three buttons at the bottom of the home screen, like this guy's Desire at about 1 min and 45 secs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9XrNiC5LbI

Unless of course there are other apks that I have missed entirely? In pretty much all articles I had read it said that these changes would be implemented, but they had not been when I looked at my phone after the upgrade.

Hmmm...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones