no new every two. besy buy said noGeneral

Last Updated:

1. GotamaHuy

GotamaHuy Member This Topic's Starter

So I got my phone at best buy today and they said that Verizon or best buy doesn't do the 100$ discount on the incredible is this true?

Advertisement
  2. KhaOZ

KhaOZ Active Member

I used my new every 2 to get it. Got it for $100

3. shinn

shinn Member

My best buy definately said no. but kinda sounded like they didnt know what i was talking about...they just kept saying their prices were already discounted. I'm like, i realize that, but i want to also use the NE2 discount on top of that. They just repeat like a robot..."Our prices are already discounted." so i canceled my preorder and ordered online.

4. jhinck1414

jhinck1414 Member

i was told by best buy that the new every 2 only works at verizon stores

5. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

Delete.

6. GotamaHuy

GotamaHuy Member This Topic's Starter

What is best buy return policy for phones. Is tjere a restoring fee and does my contract go back to before I bought the phone. I only order through them because of the insurance. I think it better then what Verizon offers. Thanks

7. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member

This was a deal breaker for me when I went to Best Buy to get the phone last week, thinking no VZ stores in my area had the phone, thank goodness I was wrong. Best Buy lady said they're working with VZ to be able to offer the NE2 but not this time! Sorry lady but a c-note can not be ignored.

8. SCARLETnGREY

SCARLETnGREY Well-Known Member

This is what happened to me also. The clerk kept saying all discounts are included. Then I asked him to talk to the manager, he told me he has been working there for 2 years and knows they dont do NE2. So I just asked him again to go talk to the manager and he does this time. He comes back and says they will price match my new every 2 price. So I got it for $149.99.

9. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

I don't believe Wal-Mart does NE2 either. The reason being is they don't have an agreement with Verizon to offer it. Basically Verizon won't pay them anything extra for the NE2.

10. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

I always though NE2 was a VZW corporate thing and would never of though to try using it will BB

11. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

NE2 is only available at Verizon stores (not even authorized retailers), but some places like BB will match the NE2 price.

12. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Best Buy won't do NE2, that is correct. However, if they said that VZW won't do it either, then they're lying. NE2 is only if you bought through VZW

13. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I don't think that is correct. I think NE2 is valid no matter where you got it but you have to upgrade through Verizon online/phone sale to get it.

Please show proof if I'm wrong.

14. barbshop

barbshop Member

New Every Two is strictly a Verizon program - it is not available in any retail store. I don't even think you can get it in a VZ store. To get the full discount available from Verizon you need to do it online at their website.

15. je2345

je2345 Member

Best Buy nor Wal Mart can redeem NE2 due to not being a corporate Verizon store or a Premium Agent. Only Premium Agents and Corporate Verizon stores can do so. The Cellular Connection is a very large Premium Agent that can redeem NE2

16. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Right, but if you purchased your first phone at BB you can still use the NE2 online at Verizon when your time is up.

17. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Isnt that what I just said..?:confused:

18. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

Wrong, I own an Authorized Retailer store and we can do NE2.

Wrong. NE2 is available through Verizon via Telesales, Online, or Stores. Authorized Retailers can also redeem NE2 if they choose to participate in the program. Not all do though, and we don't receive the full compensation back from Verizon for the discount we give the customer.

Wrong again. Any Authorized Retailer an participate in NE2. I own an Authorized Retailer store and we aren't a premium retailer and we can offer the NE2 discount. I'm not sure about the National Retailers like Best Buy and Wal-Mart but I don't think they are allowed to participate at all.

19. sta7ic

sta7ic Well-Known Member

I bought my incredible from a best buy. The woman said they don't technically support it but because of the fact that i could get it for $150 from verizon, they price match it to that and so i got it from them for $150. They will match it.

20. SeattleYanksFan

This is correct. You won't get your NE2 discount anywhere but a Verizon store (made this mistake on my last upgrade), but if you upgrade elsewhere and the following 20 months upgrade through Verizon, you still get the NE2 discount. This is precisely how my last 2 upgrades went.

21. melophat

melophat Well-Known Member

you can call verizon and have them apply your ne2 discount to your bill, thats what I did when i got my dinc from BB

22. djones21

djones21 New Member

I just got done speaking with a rep from VZW online, and she said the NE2 discount DOES NOT spply to the incredible. Would not tell me why, and when I spoke with her about the policy online stating it could be applied to any phone or device, just not accessories, she ignored me and wished me happy trails to go to another carrier, told me thats just the way it is... So someone please tell me if I just got an idiot and should call back... I am sorely dissatisfied with Verizon at this point. No reason a phone should not be discounted to a customer wishing to renew a contract, because it is still too popular.

23. Frenchy180

Frenchy180 Active Member

I would call back and if they say the same thing request to speak to a manager...

24. SeattleYanksFan

Rep was definitely wrong. Myself, and many, many others, used NE2 discount on the Incredible. I even got an extra $30 off for some coupon code they were giving to new customers (which I was not).

25. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

From what I understand, the NE2 is strictly a Verizon promotional thing. Best Buy doesn't honor those kinds of Verizon-only deals.