• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No New Nexus In Sight, Says Schmidt: Nexus One Did Its Job

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Many people were confused with the Nexus One’s ultimate purpose. Google wasn’t trying to sell a bajillion million phones to be named the king of smartphone distribution. Instead, they were trying to set a bar that all manufacturers should aim to reach to provide their customers with a very pleasant Android experience.Up until the Nexus [...]

More...

But I think HTC are much better than others, HTC almost doesn't modify any of the Android OS, and not allows you to flash the phones using any updates. Personally, I still like HTC, but I don't like sumsung's, Droid X, S&A's, they do too many modifications to the OS, and turned not "open" enough!

But the Nexus is the only one which gets the latest updates as fast as Google sends them out. With the HTC/Moto ones it's up to the manufacturers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones