No noise cancelling second microphoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. sprior

sprior New Member This Topic's Starter

One thing the Incredible doesn't have that the Nexus One does is the fancy noise cancellation technology. I'm a little surprised at how little this is being mentioned and I'm also puzzled at why this feature was dropped since on paper it sounds like such a good thing. Does anyone have experience with how well it worked? Did it not work out as well as planned, was it a cost saving measure to drop it, or does nobody actually talk directly into their phone anymore?

Advertisement
  2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I saw a video where their did mic comparisons between the N1 and Inc. you couldn't tell the difference.

I think noise canceling is one of those things might work well for headphones.

but cell phones not so much

3. guyheavensent

guyheavensent Well-Known Member

I think HTC has their own system/hardware/software built in that serves the same function as dual mics. It was done to save on size and weight on the device. No complaints yet on my voice quality during calls.

4. ccoager

ccoager Well-Known Member

I can't speak for android but you can do noise cancellation through software.

5. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I believe this was intentionally left out so that there is a little variation between the Google Nexus One, HTC Desire, and HTC Droid Incredible.