No Notification LED?General

Last Updated:

1. aptmx

aptmx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,

So I just picked up an Eris after having the nearly identical Hero for about 3 weeks. On the Hero, there was a notification LED on the top of the phone. It blinked when I had new e-mail, texts, or voicemails. I see the Eris has a small LED light in the top right corner, but that seems to only light up when charging? Is that all that light does? Indicate when the phone is charging? I would think that would blink when notifications from SMS, calls or e-mail come in? Is it supposed to?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

It blinks green when you get new gmail and sms (google voice, that is). You can also set the trackball to blink for calls and the htc email program. It also turns green when you finish charging.

3. aptmx

aptmx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a couple of new text messages and the light did not blink at all?

4. _lowedown

_lowedown Member

You can only set the trackball to blink when receiving new SMS, MMS messages. As far as I know anyways. :rolleyes:

5. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

I know with Handcent you can change the settings to make the LED blink when you have a text waiting for you. Mine flashes green every 5 seconds or so when I have one waiting.

6. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I use Google Voice for my texts so that's what I was referring to. I know you can set the trackball to light up for regular SMS, though.