No Notification of New EmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. DrVest

DrVest Member This Topic's Starter

I got the X synced with my Exchange server just fine. The problem is that I'm not getting a notification whenever I get a new email. I have to go into the Email app to see if anythings come through. I have it set to give me an audible alert and that's not working either.

Any ideas? This will be a real deal breaker if I can't get it fixed.

Advertisement
  2. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member

Go into your notification settings under settings> you should be able to disable and re-enable the data notification selection, that should set it or reset it.

3. DrVest

Tried that and have been sending test emails, still not working. I have the data set to Push as well. So when I go into my email, the email is sitting in the inbox so it's not needing to be refreshed. It's just not giving me any notification.

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Is it setup it the email or gmail app?

5. DrVest

Wouldn't it be in the Email app since it's an Exchange account? Not trying to be sarcastic but this is my first android device.

6. Ploni

Ploni New Member

I'm having the same issue - spent the last couple of hours trying to track down this problem and any resolution, to no avail. I upgraded to the X specifically to get better Exchange support. This is also a dealbreaker for me...

7. nspencerks

nspencerks Member

Same here. Not working. I hate that there isn't some type of visual icon to tell you on the homescreen that you have a new message. Not sure about this phone at this point.

8. DrVest

For whatever reason, due to no system changes by me, I got ONE notification of a new email from my Exchange account last night.

I'll keep searching for answers but this may get traded in for a 9650.

9. JJWSTAR

JJWSTAR Well-Known Member

the email notification work for the 1st week i got the X. yesterday, i turn off/on the phone & the email notification doesnt show up anymore. any suggestion?

10. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member

11. archer

archer Member

Try the Touchdown app if you are using exchange. It has about every feature your need. Calendar and task syncing, signatures, downloads all sorts of attachaments without problems, custom notifications, how many days to sync, which folders to sync, text size selection, download the full email or just so much of it by size. remote kill if phone is lost - send your kill code in subject line and remove you data. peak times rules, out of office, appointment alerts, and a lot more. Have used it for 7 months without problems on the original Droid and now using on the DX.

12. JJWSTAR

JJWSTAR Well-Known Member

where can i find the stock email notification setting?

strange, it worked when i set it up. pretty good too.

13. Neil143

Neil143 Member

just got my X today and I too am having the same notification alert issue. Emails are coming via my work and yahoo mail but no sound alert. I've tried everything. Just switched from the DInc and never had this issue with it.

Anyone??