no notification sound for text while app open?Support

Last Updated:

1. leftkidney

leftkidney Banned This Topic's Starter

so if I have the messaging app open and on screen I dont get a notification sound for the message that I just got sent

I have looked into settings and nothing, so if I respond to a message and put the phone down and they respond I dont know unless the app is closed - or I assume the screen is turned off but never tried that

I got 9 text messages from someone and it was important that I respond quickly, well I did and then put the phone down, they texted back 1 min latter and then again 1 min after that and again 1 min after that 8 times, I never saw them until I looked at the screen and that was like 5-6 min latter - screen timeout is set to 2 min but after the text after 1 min it reset that timer and again and again so I never got the message until 5-6 min after it was sent resulting in messages like "hello?" "WTF" "answer" and so on

Advertisement
  2. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

Doesn't happen that way with Handcent, & I didn't think it did with the stock but I guess I'd be wrong being ur havin that problem...

3. leftkidney

I looked up handcent on the app store, it shows a pic with texts looking like the iphone and I dont like that

I want it to look just like the stock app

also there is a review from 09-29-10 from harry that says "fix the pop-up breaking the alarm. Infuriating. There is a bug repost on your site from over a month ago with no response. Removing if not fixed"

is this something that is a problem

4. Keybeeetsss

If it was a problem I wouldn't hav suggested it;)

I've been using it since the Moment came out & it is by far (for me & lots of others) much better...

too, how & why would u go by 1 post when there are 167k post & its @ 5 stars?

5. leftkidney

it works but I bet the battery is being drained by those adds on the bottom

ok cool, now do I get this stupid normal messaging app off of the bottom of the screen

if I root can I do things like that?

6. Keybeeetsss

Ads won't hav much to do with the battery; Launcher Pro will enable u to change the messaging icon; otherwise no :eek:

7. leftkidney

this messaging app looks bad - I already changed it to be a black background but I still have that stpuid iphone style - I looked and there are only iphone and hero, what about the normal one that the normal app has?

also Launcher Pro sounds like something that I have to pay for, I hope not (ITS NOT, ITS FREE I JUST CHECKED) - I shouldnt have to pay for something just to use my phone correctly - if its not free I dont care about it, if it has adds I try to block them

8. leftkidney

so its free thats nice but now after installing it I pressed the Home key and got that message asking me what to use for this action and I noticed that this is the screen that I saw before and I chose Home the top one and got the normal android interface the normal samsung interface was gone and I had to reset the phone to get it back (probably didnt but I didnt know then) so I just did that and then did it again and then chose the tw one and it was normal again

so the question is after I put a check mark in that box at the bottom of the message to use this as default how do I undo that latter?