No notification sound when receiving a txtSupport

Last Updated:

1. itsme1

itsme1 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a problem with my evo. At times I do not get a notification sound when I receive a text message. Not until I check my phone is when I notice this since I gotten the text 2 hours prior. Its happened a couple of times already and recently just happened. I'm wondering if any of my apps such as launcher pro or others are causing this. I have my profile sounds to normal so I'm sure it should give me a ring. Anyone else experiencing this? What should I do?

Advertisement
  2. theintoxicatedmofo

theintoxicatedmofo Well-Known Member

im having a similar issue with my evo it all happened after the update..if i recieve a text message and lock the phone while still in the message window i will not recieve a notification if i get another incoming message.. however if i go to the home menu and then lock the screen i will recieve a notification when i do get a new message..kinda annoying but it isnt as bad as not recieveing a notification at all.

lesliegodwin likes this.
  3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Task killers could be the problem, as well as launcher pro. Uninstall them and see it that helps. Also make sure all the volumes on the phone are up, and you are set to receive a notification in the message app.

4. MonkeyBoy2000

MonkeyBoy2000 Well-Known Member

I get this from time to time as well.
    I have a task killer, but never had a problem with the two acting up together.
    It doesn't happen all the time, but gets annoying when it does.

5. itsme1

itsme1 Member This Topic's Starter

Actually I mine is the same as yours. Does yours do everytime you lock at the message screen? Mine only does it from time to time, but its annoying.

I have removed all task killers from my phone awhile ago so its probably not that.
    Monkeyboy- do you have launcher pro as well?

6. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Yes, ever since the update if I am still "in" the text message section, I don't receive a notification sound. There have been several messages I have missed because they just sorta show up and pop in the middle of a "text conversation".

I figured it might be a "fix" (I don't like it) to not get a notification sound if you are already in texting back and forth with someone and you haven't closed that window out yet.

I am not tunning any task killers at all. Since I know this is now the case, I back out of texting conversation if I want to make sure I don't miss a new text. OR...I make sure to look for it incoming

7. gulu

gulu Active Member

i get the sound but don't get it if the phone is on vibrate... i think i should at least get a vibrate on a text. is there a setting i am missing?

8. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

I posted this same issue, was immediately moved to the support and trouble shooting section. I feel discriminated! lol Try downloading sound manager and/or a 3rd party ringtone program. I used Zedge, and just uninstalled it after, but I kept SoundManager. I set mine back to a default tone, turned the phone off and on, and sent a txt to myself to test, and it worked fine. I had put the tones in the media/audio/notifications directory. If this dosent work check "Support and Troubleshooting" there was others with that same problem.

9. libai8268

libai8268 Well-Known Member

I would really hope google can fix it soon though. Once I turn off my screen at the conversation section, the notification sound just would go off. Sometimes it works cuz I think the phone goes to sleep so the google "fix" won't think it would bother us if it gives us the notification sound. Just a guess.

One of the two main issues I can't accept now is this one and the other one is the gps would cut my music.....never resume. Notification sound between music is annoying too for me, why don't they just play the sound over the music! DON"T STOP THE MUSIC! lol