no notifications between a time period?

Last Updated:

1. titillidie

titillidie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there a way to set the phone to not give me notifications while i am sleeping?? lol i get woke up every night from some stupid spam email!

Advertisement
  2. dodgerbluehero

dodgerbluehero Well-Known Member

why not put it on silent? or if you are keeping it on for an alarm or in case of emergency you can disable email notifications when you go to be :rolleyes:

3. titillidie

titillidie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yea i keep it on because of the kids/emergencies. disabling it every night would be anoying. i have FB set up to not send notifications between times. just thought it would be cool to do the same with email.

4. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

Same problem. I need to hear the ringer if I get emergency calls from my staff through the night, but don't need to hear email alerts.

I found the easiest way is to go to

settings>sound & display>ringer volume (have it set so the ringer and notification are separate) then slide the volume down to off for the notifications

Put a Settings icon shortcut on one of your screens so that it will be easier than scrolling through to find it.

5. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

The alarm goes off while on Vibrate (in 1.5 and 2.x).

If I put it on Vibrate, texts don't wake me up, but calls do (it vibrates a lot more). Maybe that'd work?

6. vw driver

vw driver Well-Known Member

Download "Sound Manager" from the market. You can set each sound volume from the screen, and you can set multiple times to change each volume. Example: I set ringer to mid level in the morning, then to max when I go to work (I work afternoons in a noisy environment), then to very low at bed time. You can also set which days you want each profile to be active, so my max ringer is only active Mon-Fri.

You can silence system, notification, etc without affecting ringer and alarm.

7. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

Cool find. I assume one has to set two schedules for a volume if wanting to shut off say around 10pm at night and start back at 8am in the morning?

8. jhale83

jhale83 Well-Known Member

Download Timeriffic from the Market.

9. SlothyUK

SlothyUK Well-Known Member

10. hunterx119

hunterx119 Member

download audio manager from the market. it gives you different categories of you sound levels on your phone (ex, alarm, media, ringer, alerts(notifications), and overall system volume.) just use that, set the alerts one to zero, so that way you will be able to still hear your phone ring from phone calls, or your alarm go off.