No notifications of new voicemail's...General

Last Updated:

1. bcini

bcini New Member This Topic's Starter

Droid Eris w/ "Verizon" Visual Voice Mail installed. Phone will show I have a missed call but does not give me any kind of notification that I have a new message... The other day I just happen to check my voicemail and found 4 new messages!

Help? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Jlopcpa

Jlopcpa Well-Known Member

Seems to happen to me all the time as well. Called Customer Service and they said to do a hard reset....Settings>Security>Factory Data Reset. I did not want to do that because I was hoping to avoid re DL everything, but I recently did reset and it seems to have worked.

Before I did the Hard Reset, after a missed call I would go to VVM and hit the menu button and then select Refresh, that seemed to download any voicemails I would have...

Kinda of a pain but it worked....

bcini likes this.
  3. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Get an invite to Google Voice if you can and use that. Just make sure you run it after it force closes on every reboot (on 1.5), otherwise you won't get a notification until it starts successfully. It's supposed to run on startup, but on 1.5 it dies for some reason.

bcini likes this.
  4. bcini

bcini New Member This Topic's Starter

truelove79 -

I have a Google Voice account however maybe I dont understand how to use it completely. Can you give me tips or a "quick" tutorial? (just the vm part not the entire program)

Thanks in advance -

5. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

I would like to do that but don't know anyone who has GV, I went to the site and "applied", but I guess I'm down on the list.