• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

varun Seechurn

Mar 31, 2015
hello...i will explain you my whole problem i need your help
i bought my htc one m8 with a friend...im from mauritius i use orange carrier...basically...this phone is unlocked...my friend with whom i bought the phone brought it from dubai with my IMEI i asked htc.com they told me it was manufactured from egypt...recently i tried wipe all my data...my system got reboot,..and i lost my OS system....it turns on it gets to the bootloader...it get to the fastboot ( the white screen) i sent it to someone for flashing he says this phone was built only for testing things..which i dont believe him...the phone had an android 4.4.2 i clearly dont want to lose the phone...i tried CM12 flashing it failed...throught sdk failed...i tried unlocked through htc dev it did not unlocked tho...is a live chat though facebook or whatsapp can be done ? please help me out

Mauritius - I had to look it up, wow, you live in a beautiful place! :)

Opposite from me - I live in the high mountain desert - and it's past midnight here so I can't get into lots of details right now.

We are going put our Mini-SDK tools on your pc.

Then install TWRP properly if required.

Then flash the rom.

So, more detail is helpful because small version change can decide what exact piece to use.

If you want to get started, here is the Mini-SDK -

http://androidforums.com/threads/adb-guide-updated-2014-11-11.443072/#post-5389081

Here's TWRP -

http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/m8/openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-m8.img

Unzip the Mini-SDK.

Put TWRP into the sdk-tools folder.

Put phone in FASTBOOT USB mode, plugging in to PC.

Open command window to sdk-tools folder (shift + right click on the sdk-tools folder name, open command window here) and say -

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-m8.img

Your easiest way next is to put the sd card on your computer, copy the rom to it.

Put sd card in phone.

From FASTBOOT goto HBOOT, then RECOVERY.

You should see the TWRP screen, then buttons.

Install - choose sd card, choose rom.

Make sure it's the right one for an M8.

I'll be back tomorrow. :)

Upvote 0
make sure it's the right one for m8 ? i did not understand
TWRP has a different version for each phone model.

I gave you the link to the correct one for your M8 just to be sure you have the right one.

There is also a different rom version for each phone model.

You mentioned that maybe you like CM12.

OK, so you need the CM12 rom for the HTC One M8 or it won't work.

Upvote 0
Here's a very good rom -

http://venomroms.com/htc-one-m8/

But you might want to only try the ViperOneM8 version 3.2.1 to start.

Because you said it ran 4.4.2 ok before.

If you want to try the latest, ok, but everything might not work.

I don't know.

I can't say without the rest of the information from your bootloader screen.

It's very late - I'll talk to you tomorrow! :)

Upvote 0
Just chipping in since EM's catching some sleep.

The CM12 install most likely failed since your recovery version is well out of date. Follow EarlyMon's post to get the fastboot tools and up to date recovery, and get ready to flash.

We could still do with a photo of your fastboot screen so we can see what firmware version you have before doing anything else though.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
anyone there ? Your easiest way next is to put the sd card on your computer, copy the rom to it.

Put sd card in phone.

From FASTBOOT goto HBOOT, then RECOVERY.

You should see the TWRP screen, then buttons.

Install - choose sd card, choose rom.

what rom i need here ? to copy ? is it the viper ? i dont understand

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones